Audio Video Show in Poland (6-8.11.2015) - show images

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Some images form the Audio Video Show in Poland last weekend (6-8.11.2015).

With 145 rooms, this is the second largest show in Europe after Munich right now. It takes place in 3 locations: Hotels Golden Tulip and Radiosson Sobieski, and National Stadium (I believe this is the first show in the world that uses the stadium's Sky Boxes to host hifi show).

The show was a smashing success, with over 11k visitors and people literally flooding all 3 venues. The hi-fi is obviously still live and kicking over here !

Headphones section, with over 25 exhibitors, was alsways very crowded with LOTS of young people (I have seen 11 or 12 year olds coming with their iPhones !):

The mighty Sennheiser Orpheus. One of 300 ever made. You can grab one from ebay for ~ $30k:

R2R machines were present:

As were the TTs. The TT were the primary source in over 35 rooms !

Audio Tekne room:

Living Voice Vox Olympian speakers driven by Kondo electronics - $2.000.000 worth of gear ...

(More on the LV setup: Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: Living Voice Vox Olympian horn speakers at Poland Audio Show 2015)

FM Acoustics demo (notice the stadium behind !):

Blumenhofer speakers - this is the second time I've heard those speakers, and I really like them. Very different to my Magicos, but so communicative and fun to listen to !

Ken Ishiwata from Marantz was doing his magic:

Triangle top of the range towers:

We had headphones, more headphones and even more headphones:

Martin Logan Neoliths:

Diesis Audio speakers with Angstrom tube gear. The Angstrom stuff looks very impressive - 100% discrete, all tube. Superb build quality.

Machina Dynamica all-aluminium speakers driven by Einstein - one of my fav sounds at the Sobieski Hotel:

TAD with Naim also sounded great. I would never have thought this combination would work !

In the Cabasse / Chord room you could listen to the first generation tape copy (!) of The Beatles Sgt. Pepper album on Studer R2R deck ! This particular tape copy was made by the EMI for the Yugoslavia's Yugoton record label to press the vinyl (in the old times almost every country had his own vinyl press plants, so a few of those first gen copies exist).

The event was hosted by Piotr Metz - a well known Polish music journalist and The Beatles fan:

That was the very first time I've heard the Goldmund all active system - and I liked what I've heard ! DSP equalised, fully active with analog amps driving all drive units separately - Goldmund may have a point here.

Wally Malewicz from Wally Tools during the Analog Seminar:

The opening press conference gathered nearly 70 journalists. Left to right:

- Hirek Wrona (well known Polish music journalist)
- Pawe? Edelman (Academy Award nominated camera man; he was nominated for best cinematography for the movie The Pianist)
- Andrzej Smolik (Polish musician)
- the guy behind the show (forgot the name).

We also had some live performances during the show. Andrzej Smolik and Kev Fox were promoting their new album:

We also had Andrea Celeste in FMA room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXfxpgnqhHQ

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Excellent Adam.

I am hoping to have some light hearted stuff up at www.theaudiotraveler.com soon.

I never made it to the Golden Tulip, so missed Ken, Vox Olympian and the M Logans. It is so huge that 1.5 days is not enough, even when you skip thru rooms. I LOVE the stadium venue though! The most ideal for audio I can imagine.

Warsaw is certainly a CONSUMER show...not just a trade show.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Norman,

I'm glad you liked the show. I already have some ideas how to improve the show for the next year. But now it is time to ... start listening to music again. I didn't have the time to listen to my system for more than 4 months ...

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Well done Adam, congratulations on an awesome show.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thank you so much for posting these gorgeous pics! I do think a close-up of the Blonde in the white dress (first pic) would have added to the enjoyment though. ;)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, great pics :) Seems like an incredible show!
Did the mainstream press picked this up and reported on the show? Did they only talk about all the expensive stuff?

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
Wow!!! A lot of hard work to set up a show like this especially with multiple locations. This looks like a great crowd and a lot of fun. Thank you very much for sharing this experience with us.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Wow!!! A lot of hard work to set up a show like this especially with multiple locations. This looks like a great crowd and a lot of fun. Thank you very much for sharing this experience with us.

It sure was. Pity I only got in for 1 and a half days and missed one hotel entirely (with Vox Oly/ML Neoliths/LumeWhite/ and the VTL statement amp room). I also missed the Senn Orpheus as it totally slipped me. No Kii3 nor Nadac, as i guess they dont have local distributors??

First P-T-A show coverage installment:
http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/11/11/warsaw-2015-reunited-and-it-feels-so-good/

Last edited:

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Thx for the pics. Some amazing gear there that is next to impossible to hear in NAmerica. Another show to add to the bucket list!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I have some more pics that I will post at PTA in several articles.

Here is a taste:

P1030059.JPG
P1030214.JPG
P1030060.jpg
P1030261.jpg

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Great pictures, great show and write-up Adam! I almost took a flight there but at the end did not. Seeing how busy it was, wish I had gone.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi wow Adam, didn't know you were part of organising this. Awesome stuff. Will be there next year definitely

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Nicely done Adam. Looks like it was a great show. When the dust settles, update your system thread on Audiogon. It is one of my favorite rooms and I would not mind seeing all your new equipment on display...:cool:

I would like to, but I cannot access my system thread after a pass change. I'm not able to log in. Strangely, I can log in to the buy/sell section of my account. It is only the forum that I cannot log into. AudiogoN has not been able to solve the problem for me for over 2 years.

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I would like to, but I cannot access my system thread after a pass change. I'm not able to log in. Strangely, I can log in to the buy/sell section of my account. It is only the forum that I cannot log into. AudiogoN has not been able to solve the problem for me for over 2 years.

What? They have a text messaging function on the site now and they should be able to remedy that. I am not a fan of their new site design, and your comments on system threads do not get tracked as they did before.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing