Where Do You Buy Your Coffee Beans

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It is a simple question. I used to buy on-line but honestly I buy whole bean espresso at either Starbuck's or Peete's and am quite happpy.

Are there any great on-line places to buy whole bean coffee? If so I would love to have their website addresses as well as your coffee bean favorites. I have tried literally every coffee bean and prefer a "bold" blend as it creates such an amazing taste and aroma when done in my Capresso coffee center. Some of the finest coffees I have had come from France, Italy, Spain. They always laugh at American coffee and call it "brown water". I must agree but I still can't drink it if it is as thick and dark as oil and speaking of which I never drink decaf (must be a result of my 35 years of doing Ob/Gyn :eek:)

So What's Your Best Brew and where do you get your beans

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
My wife is the coffee connoisseur in our house. She prefers Peete's to Starbucks, but she also swear by this other brand -- I'll ask when she gets home.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Steve, if you're making espresso, try Zoka's Espresso Paladino. I'm not fond of Starbuck's blend, much preferring the local It's A Grind's espresso blend. I use a Quickmill Alexia, retrofitted with a PID for the ultimate in temp control, and a Rancilio Rocky doser.

/Ken

Steve Williams

Steve, if you're making espresso, try Zoka's Espresso Paladino. I'm not fond of Starbuck's blend, much preferring the local It's A Grind's espresso blend. I use a Quickmill Alexia, retrofitted with a PID for the ultimate in temp control, and a Rancilio Rocky doser.

/Ken

Fantastic. Where do you buy it?

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Online, Steve. Delivery is quick, even to we, here, in SoCal. If you like it, they'll set you up with scheduled, periodic delivery.

/Ken

Steve Williams

/Ken

Online, Steve. Delivery is quick, even to we, here, in SoCal. If you like it, they'll set you up with scheduled, periodic delivery.

/Ken

Found it

http://secure.zokacoffee.com/coffee/RCW-ESP.html

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
For a while, Costco was carrying 1 lb. bags of coffee beans from Jamaica. "Outrageously expensive" at $30/lb., my wife swears it was the best coffee she ever had. Of course, they stopped carrying it shortly thereafter.....

Canpt quite remember the name, "St. ...... Farms" or something similar.

Lee

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
For a while, Costco was carrying 1 lb. bags of coffee beans from Jamaica. "Outrageously expensive" at $30/lb., my wife swears it was the best coffee she ever had. Of course, they stopped carrying it shortly thereafter.....

Canpt quite remember the name, "St. ...... Farms" or something similar.

Lee

Probably Jamaican Blue Mountain, sold under the "St.....Farms" commercial label. Highly regarded by many for coffee (vs. espresso), it's a little too light for me.

PS: For expensive and exotic, try Kopi Luwak, "processed" by Indonesian Civets.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
I get my coffee at local small Arabic food stores which roast and grind their own.

I get cardamom added to it, a traditional spice which takes a little getting used to.

You can't beat it, not at $5.00 a pound.

Steve Williams

I get my coffee at local small Arabic food stores which roast and grind their own.

I get cardamom added to it, a traditional spice which takes a little getting used to.

You can't beat it, not at $5.00 a pound.

what the coffee or the cardamom is $5.00/pound?

I have never heard of adding cardamom to coffee. That must pack a bit of a wallop George

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
what the coffee or the cardamom is $5.00/pound?

I have never heard of adding cardamom to coffee. That must pack a bit of a wallop George

They add the cardamom to the coffee at no extra charge.

Once I picked up the cardamom seeds (look like pumpkin seeds) by themselves for a friend, but I forget how much that was.

I don't think you can add the ground cardamom (looks like black pepper) which is used in Indian tea, the Arabic stuff is different somehow.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
I know what cardamom is. For te world of me I just cannot understand wy it would be put into ground coffee

In a word..........Tradition!

I did not care for it at first, the first few days after grinding the cardamom is the dominate flavor, and then it mellows out.

I'm hooked on it now, but do not prepare it the traditional way. At first I used a drip machine, now I use a filter in a funnel and pour hot water over the grounds.

I always preheat my milk in the microwave, be it for coffee or tea, makes things sweeter without adding sugar.

Give it a try if you are into new experiences. I could mail you some if you like.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
"I like my coffee like I like my women. Weak and bitter." -- Larry Brown

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing