Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Visit to Avantgarde Acoustic Factory

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Congrats! I also like the grey horns.

A friend of mine recently got some older AG Unos I believe... the bass cabinets are really bad, like they subcontracted them out to Bose. The new Duo Mezzo bass cabinets are SO MUCH better... the horn flare is for looks, but it works... they look nice too.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    That is very exciting! Congratulations!
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 or Koetsu Coralstone (TBD)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse with 2 power supplies; amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 15' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

A most tasteful colour choice marslo these may well prove to be the optimal Size/Efficacy/WAF model, before heading off to Trios and base horns.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! marslo's Avatar
    Thank you guys, to be honest ,the colour selection was my wife's commitment to the deal
    Aurender W20->Audio Aero La Fontaine/ Lampizator Big 7 -> Ayon Crossfire III -> Avantgarde Acoustic Duo Mezzo XD
    Analog : Transrotor Fat Bob S with SME 5 , Shelter Harmony , Groove +SRX mk2

Quote Originally Posted by marslo View Post
    Thank you guys, to be honest ,the colour selection was my wife's commitment to the deal
    Hello Mariusz,
    Hope you're well.

AG linked an article to My-Hiend re. XDs in Asia. Interestingly Jerome Andre is now with AG in Asia. I feel part of the gang too.

How are the new settings working out for you? Pictures, comments and insights please. i.e.. Just how much better are they?

http://my-hiend.com/wp/專訪avantgarde國...1839;市/

Sorry I can't translate

Blue58

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! marslo's Avatar
    Hi Blue58,

Well, Jerome Andre with AG in Asia, interesting, thank you for the news.

I am in touch with Bruno Ginard from Vermeer Audio, the idea of upgrading La Fontaine is still to be considered.

Last few days I played with La Fontaine because my Big 7 have been upgraded by Lukasz ( new clock in amanero board ), I also ordered EML 45 Anniversary, just received today the DAC, will listen tonight.

As far as settings of XD are concerned , I downloaded the software from AG website and spent a few hours to check how it works.
    In the beginning I was disapointed with the default AG settings , also those by Eter Audio were not perfect to my ears.
    Finally , I modified the latter and the speakers started to sing . When they do , it's something, bass is much better controlled, has authority and punch. The goal is to integrate it with the room and midrange . When you achieve that, they are much better than Omega imho.
    Long story short, I am very pleased but the journey to the nirvana only begun.
    I am in touch also with the guy from AG in Germany , he is of polish origin and very helpful to me.

Here are my best settings up to day :
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by marslo; 03-01-2016 at 10:33 PM.
    Aurender W20->Audio Aero La Fontaine/ Lampizator Big 7 -> Ayon Crossfire III -> Avantgarde Acoustic Duo Mezzo XD
    Analog : Transrotor Fat Bob S with SME 5 , Shelter Harmony , Groove +SRX mk2

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516