Pandora

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I probably am the last person to learn about this. In fact advertising is starting to creep in. Nevertheless it is free. So youngsters(oldsters) download the app on your smartphone. Pick a song. It will continue to send you songs similar to the artist you piked. You give the song a thumbs up if you like. It will send you more.Thumbs down and vice versa.I am currently listening to the John Lee Hooker station I created. All free. If you are near WI Fi it will not affect your data plan.,The good news is Sprint just offered unlimited data for $20/month
As time passes you can add your PS Audio Sprout with some Cerwin Vega speakers and some Blue tooth headphones... Maybe a Project turntable.
ENJOY

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I love Pandora! It is a fantastic tool to discover new music. I have it rolling all the time on my phone through various bluetooth devices. :)
I really love the randomness of it, some great sets.

And quit being cheep and pay the $5 a month so the artists who are being severely ripped off by this service get paid. :) With that you get no comercials and supposedly higher bandwidth.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I agree. But I'm not so sure the artist are being ripped off. It's like radio.free advertisement. First I need to investigate an unlimited data plan for Sprint smamrtphone.Then I'll subscribe. I I hope the artist actually pocket some of the money.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
They get some but it's miniscule.
It's a fantastic service I love it.
My favorite station at the moment is Dire Straits.
Another one when the mood hits me is my Tangerine Dream station.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing