New Alexx?

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
While I have the utmost respect for David Wilson and his creations--I have always had lingering doubts over the Wilson WAF setup method as practised by the converted however I do think the "Zone of Neutrality" edit is an excellent starter.

Having Setup my X-1s with Troy K(RIP) and Watt Pups with Brad OT using this approach I found it was not completely to my liking --no I could'nt put my finger-nor Ear on any specifics

something bugged me. Was it the fact that the Speaker faces were staring me in the Chops(Ha)?--puzzling while the sound was wondrous -the presentation just didn't quite gel in my mindset funnily with both sets of speakers at different times.

I need to explain the X-1s and Watt/Pups were 2 years apart in Different locations--but incurred the same trait as I'v outlined--Hmmm. Yes Winds of War/ Razzamatass/etc /etc all on hand!

Ah well stranger things have happened in this game --

Bucking the mandate after short period of time I recall slowly rotating each speaker outwards till I felt the degree reached, snapped the Music into "Focus"--or more to my liking.

No reflection on the superb Transducers themselves -merely personal observation--I'm not suggesting all will be the Nirvana for anyone else -but with a laser Ruler and roll of Blue Tape

the movements can be critically observed and returned to Status Quo if unsatisfactory.

Frankly I've heard nearly all the current and past Wilsons( no early Wamm though!) in various private and Show Demos however my personal favourite memory is many years back with Watt3/Pups

at a LA Dealer (I think Neil Sinclairs) where the Speakers were across a corner.

YVMV

BruceD

TechnicalPie

Aug 24, 2019
foto

Attachments

• DSC_8554.JPG
    DSC_8554.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC_8555.JPG
    DSC_8555.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC_8556.JPG
    DSC_8556.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC_8557.JPG
    DSC_8557.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • DSC_8558.JPG
    DSC_8558.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
Hello Everyone,

With the new Alexx V now available do not forget that what is now Alexx version 1 represents an amazing value and several are for sale as certified authentic products from Wilson Audio Dealers around the country! Our pair is certified authentic, never titled, and available in Galaxy Gray with Black Grill clothes and Black Hardware! Please contact us or PM us if you are interested. We are located in the greater Kansas City Region and the speakers are available for private audition.

www.devaaudio.com
913-498-9768 call/text
devaaudio78@gmail.com

IMG_5592.jpg

Reactions: Bobvin

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
Hello Everyone,

With the new Alexx V now available do not forget that what is now Alexx version 1 represents an amazing value and several are for sale as certified authentic products from Wilson Audio Dealers around the country! Our pair is certified authentic, never titled, and available in Galaxy Gray with Black Grill clothes and Black Hardware! Please contact us or PM us if you are interested. We are located in the greater Kansas City Region and the speakers are available for private audition.

www.devaaudio.com
913-498-9768 call/text
devaaudio78@gmail.com

View attachment 78364

Please contact us if you are interested! Our new Alexx V will be coming in soon so we are looking for a new home for our original Alexx Loudspeakers! Again, these are probably one of the best values in high end audio currently!

Best,
Deva

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
These are still available... simply amazing loudspeakers!!!

IMG_5587.jpg

FDPDK

May 15, 2021
Denmark
I really love their look :) but unfortunately they are out of my reach both financial and also my super tiny apartment , but am sure they sound fantastic.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing