ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
And come March...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Daylight Saving Time ends on November 1st, 2015 @ 2:00 AM.

The clock is going back 1 hour @ that time...to readjust with the universe's rotational force of gravity.

* Quick off topic question (quiz): How many women walked on the moon's surface? ...And don't look. :b

________

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Gosh Amir I hadn't realised that. My sympathies.
I would hate that. I remember living in Glasgow many years ago when we had a double summertime experiment and it didn't really get light until nearly 10am in the winter.
It sure gave you the blues.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I tell you, it was suffering when we moved to here from California. Over time we have gotten used to it but we still celebrate the day in December when day and night become equal and hence marks the end of long dark nights.

Of course we enjoy the opposite in summer when at 10:00pm, it could still be light :).

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I spent all of January in Denmark for work some years ago, it's dark when you get up and dark again when work is over. I saw the sun once the entire month. I guess you get used to it...

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Happily we fare a lot better here in SE England and we are enjoying a lovely mild autumn this year with beautiful autumn leaf colour and the forecast of sunshine and 60F this weekend which certainly shortens the winter,
Amir, a couple of years ago I noticed a lack of energy during the short/shorter days of autumn and winter and realised I had experienced the same in previous years. I concluded I was probably suffering from a relatively mild version of Seasonal Affective Disorder and bought a SAD light panel. It did make a difference, Not had to use it so far this year but expect to start using it as the days shorten.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Barry. Knowing that it gets dark here in winter, our homes are very bright with a lot of light. For sure if we don't turn them on almost 24 hours a day it can get to you. I have never tried the lights though. I will look into getting one.

It has been 62 degrees here too and pretty mild and sunny today. The leaves are turning but not the beautiful change we often get. Still, it is nice to have them.

I spent summers back in 1970s in Brighton Beach. Have fond memories of my younger years there, going to the beach, playing the penny arcades and having fish and chips in newspaper :).

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Amir.
Yes Brighton was always my favourite Conference town.
Great fish and chips, but don't come in newspaper these days, and a good selection of restaurants and pubs. Happy memories of The Fiddlers Elbow.
Still a lively place. Elected our only Green MP and council. Very diverse and tolerant these days.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I dislike Winter to start with, plus I have S.A.D., which makes this time change even more bothersome for me.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Amir.
Yes Brighton was always my favourite Conference town.
Great fish and chips, but don't come in newspaper these days, and a good selection of restaurants and pubs. Happy memories of The Fiddlers Elbow.
Still a lively place. Elected our only Green MP and council. Very diverse and tolerant these days.
Hi Barry. Good to hear although sad about the demise of newspaper there :). Around that time, it was known as "retirement town" so I would get negative reaction when I would mention the town. Good to see it growing up to be more than that.

Oh, so many great memories of being there. Thanks for reminding me of that!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I dislike Winter to start with, plus I have S.A.D., which makes this time change even more bothersome for me.

When we were coming up here as a family, the flight attendant said this place was wonderful. But it was critical to leave it in the middle of winter and go some place warm to break up the time! Great advice which sadly I have never followed :). Wish there was a good audio conference in some place tropical and warm we could go to. CES is coming up but being in Las Vegas, it is only a partial reprieve.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing