Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Last edited:

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Last month at Radio City Music Hall.

Darn, I actually saw it on my cable guide but dismissed it as something older.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I set up last nights Adele concert to record. We wanted to see the Fargo finale for the season which was on at the same time.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I too have recorded it but no chance to yet watch it. Meant to post about it here prior to airing but forgot :).

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I thought it was a terrific show and what a potty mouth.

Only problem I hated was that it was a heavily edited 60 minute show with commercials in between which detracted from the flow of the concert

TBH what I thought was a far better show last night was the two hour finale of The Voice (which preceded Adele) where the four finalists were absolutely superb

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Commercials ruin everything! I have it recorded to and will get around to it in the theater sometime before the weekend. Potty mouth for sure but I am sure you got the tame version on commercial TV! Plus that North London accent really hits the ear! First time I heard her live I almost fell on the floor!

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Steve, the commercials were a detraction for sure. Plus, it was obviously edited for length. However, I think the overall concert was superb and Adele is such a talent that it was a pleasure to watch her work. Did anyone else feel that her voice seems to have 'slightly' less power than before her vocal surgery. The surgery seems to have tempered her ability to hit the power notes...just a wee bit though. ( maybe that's just my memory fooling me though??)

Steve Williams

IIRC the concert was recorded in November and was 90 minutes so with a 60 minute show and 15 minutes of commercials we saw half the performance.

I liked when she stepped out of her high heels on stage to get comfortable

There were some serious guests at the performance including "the Donald"

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
IIRC the concert was recorded in November and was 90 minutes so with a 60 minute show and 15 minutes of commercials we saw half the performance.

I liked when she stepped out of her high heels on stage to get comfortable

There were some serious guests at the performance including "the Donald"

I didn't know that about the concert. Surprised that "the Donald" would like her music...would have thought he would have been more into Wagner, LOL.:):)

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I set up last nights Adele concert to record. We wanted to see the Fargo finale for the season which was on at the same time.

LOL, I didn't even know season 2 had started! I have to pay more attention!

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Steve, the commercials were a detraction for sure. Plus, it was obviously edited for length. However, I think the overall concert was superb and Adele is such a talent that it was a pleasure to watch her work. Did anyone else feel that her voice seems to have 'slightly' less power than before her vocal surgery. The surgery seems to have tempered her ability to hit the power notes...just a wee bit though. ( maybe that's just my memory fooling me though??)

I agree that she has lost a bit as a result of the surgery and must be careful in how she sings and how often. But just a bit.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
She did sound great and is a monster talent. I love the fact that she is out front of the band, no silly dancers, just backgro8nd singers. Very tasteful presentation. I wish everyone did it this way.

Steve Williams

She did sound great and is a monster talent. I love the fact that she is out front of the band, no silly dancers, just backgro8nd singers. Very tasteful presentation. I wish everyone did it this way.

That IMO is the sign of a true star

I thought her accompanists were simple but excellently staged

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I guess I better get to watching that taped concert then. Just have't had the time.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Indeed Steve. There is no need to distract the audience with all that other stuff when you have that kind of talent!

taters

Jun 6, 2012
I didn't know that about the concert. Surprised that "the Donald" would like her music...would have thought he would have been more into Wagner, LOL.:):)

I don't know about him liking her music or not. I do know it was a big event and a person such as Donald Trump likes to make the scene. More than likely it was his wife's idea.

Steve Williams

I don't know about him liking her music or not. I do know it was a big event and a person such as Donald Trump likes to make the scene. More than likely it was his wife's idea.

well speculate all you want.

There was a host of singers and celebrities there as well. What drew them there IMO was to pay tribute to her and her long overdue solo performance of a superb singer in a great venue not because it was their spouses ideas

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing