JBL Synthesis SDP-75

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Amir, can you post your thoughts and impressions of the new unit demoed at CEDIA?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Ron. You remind me that I have not written up my CEDIA report yet :).

On your question, while I saw the box in person, it was on static display.

The platform comes from Trinnov so as far as basic sound quality and such, you can research that: http://www.trinnov.com/products/home-theater/altitude32/introduction-altitude32/?lang=en_us

Harman will still be using their own outboard room eq with this box. So you won't be able to evaluation that part yet.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oh, I did hear the theater and just didn't think it was part of that demo. Of course it had to be given the decoding of all three 3-D audio formats. My bad :).

The theater sounded great of course but I give much of the credit to the room equalization and design. It is impossible to separate that from the fidelity of the processor.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
From what I've read over @ AVS ... it was the best (one of) demo of them all.
...The JBL Synthesis room with the SDP-75 3D (exact same replica as/based on the Trinnov Altitude).

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
The beginning of the movie Unbroken in the Harman demo was stunning. I don't remember whether that was atmos or one of the other new MCH standard.

Michael "Wolf" :p

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing