Pork Loin on the Q.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I had a 4-5lb Pork Loin in the freezer that I decided to take out and BBQ. I've done beef roasts, pork back ribs, chicken, sausages, etc. on the BBQ many times, but never a Pork Loin Roast. I did some searches online for various recipes and found a very simple one that grabbed my attention. I didn't think however that using only salt & pepper this recipe suggested was enough to please my palette, so I made it my own with a marinade and rub.

I let it thaw overnight and in the a.m. placed it in a large Ziploc bag with Light Soy Sauce, fresh Garlic and Brown Sugar. Back into the fridge it went for about 8 hours (massaging it and turning it over about every 2 hours). Once done marinating I patted it dry and rubbed it all over with a liberal amount of Montreal Steak Spice....yes, steak spice. I turned on the BBQ and let it come to temperature.

The left side of the BBQ was set on HIGH, the 2 other burners (centre & right) were left off. I rubbed the grill with some oil and placed the Pork Loin on it to get a nice sear/seal and grill marks. This only took a few minutes per side. I then moved the Pork Loin over to the right burner and let it cook for an hour using INDIRECT heat. I turned it twice during that hour. Since I couldn't find my Meat Thermometer I pulled it off after an hour as I didn't want it to overcook. Well, it was perfect! I had made a small incision and could tell it was done to perfection. I then let it rest for 20 minutes.

Here are the results:

Marinated and patted dry
IMG_0730[1].jpg

Rubbed with Montreal Steak Spice
IMG_0731.JPG

Sear/seal and Grill marks
IMG_0732.JPG

Resting for 20 minutes
IMG_0733.JPG

Sliced and served!
IMG_0734.JPG

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I love the smell of a marinated, rubbed pork loin on the grill.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I love the smell of a marinated, rubbed pork loin on the grill.

You're right....the smell from it was amazing. I could taste what I smelled. Just a touch of sweetness and a light kick. I'm going to try a little more heat next time...not much, just a tad.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oh man that makes me hungry! Have not done a big piece of meat in a while. Must remedy that. Thanks a bunch. :)

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Yum yum looks delicious! I roasted a beef Top Sirloin last night on the BBQ It was excellent!

View attachment 22913

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing