F1 motorsports

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Not so much for today though.
Although it would be exciting if I am proven wrong by the above statement!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Congratulations Nico, well done.
At least Scuderia Ferrari got on the podium.
Max had a heck of good run overcoming the incident at lap 1.
Over Mercedes Benz stinking up the show, can't wait for someone to knock them down.
Would love to see Red Bull and Ferrari get together.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nico's kiddie video tribute to his mom and dad was awesome. Good job Keke on raising yet another world champion flying Finn.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
Can you believe that? He probably did it to get away from the shenanigans of Lewis!!

Hi Bruce,

Actually, at first, I jumped around to four different F1 websites to make sure it was true...!

I did think the personal nastiness of the Merc inter-team rivalry was a shame to witness, but I was really happy for Nico to take the WDC this year. It's one thing to be fast, which Lewis undoubtedly is, another thing to be focused and determinedly perseverant which I think Nico has been.

And from the above clip, I take him his at his word he's achieved what he wants to do and genuinely desires to be a more present husband and father. I think it's a courageous decision, and I applaud and respect him for it.

Of course, I (and the whole internet) can't stop speculating as to who'll be partnering Lewis next year.... Wehrlein? Alonso??

Who do you think?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Nico is a nice guy. He is no Formula One hero, imho...that's for sure. My initial thought's on his retirement, given how good his car and team is...Pussy !!!!

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Hardly surprising Mercedes are not happy! Lewis Hamilton drove a perfect race, and there was no way Verstappen could could have beaten him fairly, this was a gift from the FIA, which may prove very costly.. An unprecedented amount of people tuned in to watch just this race and experienced a debacle in which a guy hired by the governing body can control the race from a chair in an office. Sorry guys but that ain't motor racing..

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
In retrospect Hamilton should have pitted, his tires were shot. However, no team could have planned for what happened late in this race. Mercedes wasn’t robbed. Red Bull wasn’t handed the win.

The race ended with an extraordinary, yet fair result. For the record, I didnt/don’t care who won. This is a great driver/team rivalry and it was a fantastic F1 campaign in 2021. Can’t wait for 2022.

Reactions: adyc

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
That’s racing. Lewis will have the off season to get hungry. Max will gain even more confidence. It should be competitive between them next year. MB will have more to deal with RB next year with a new driver to be #2 to Lewis.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
In retrospect Hamilton should have pitted, his tires were shot. However, no team could have planned for what happened late in this race. Mercedes wasn’t robbed. Red Bull wasn’t handed the win.

The race ended with an extraordinary, yet fair result. For the record, I didnt/don’t care who won. This is a great driver/team rivalry and it was a fantastic F1 campaign in 2021. Can’t wait for 2022.
I can't help feeling that Mercedes and Hamilton are victims of a cynical ploy to ramp up interest and takings in F1 for next year by finding a ploy to give Verstappen the championship and dent the Mercedes/Hamilton domination of the competition.

Reactions: Kingsrule and Chop

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
I can't help feeling that Mercedes and Hamilton are victims of a cynical ploy to ramp up interest and takings in F1 for next year by finding a ploy to give Verstappen the championship and dent the Mercedes/Hamilton domination of the competition.
Regrettably I agree, F1 was somehow sidetracked into the entertainment industry by Ecclestone, which attracted TV rights and massive budgets, racing in countries that could afford to pay the enormous fees required etc.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
If Hamilton would have won the last lap there would be no conspiracy theory talk.

Last edited:
Reactions: adyc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing