Jbl 4367

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Ok. Thanks. That was quick. I'll pass on the M2s and wait for either a used pair of 4367 to show up so I can audition in home at low financial risk, or I'll find the time to go listen to Michael's setup and if I fall in love with them pay full retail for a new a pair.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I have and absolutely LOVE my 4367's. You will actually need 4 channels of amplification for the M2's. I have used many amps and also use the BHK 300 monos, among others, on the 4367's and they are wonderful. The PS Audio amps are sleepers. Amazing for the money. The 4367's are so much easier to integrate in your room/home. As much as I love my Strads, the JBL's are receiving the majority of play time.

You can't drive them with a single pair of the monos? What are you using? Are you using the PS audio monos on the mid/high driver or the woofer? Oops. I misread 4 channels for the M2s. I presume a single pair of mono's will drive the 4367s just fine.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
You have to drive the M2 speakers with 4 channels of amplification, either 4 monos or 2 stereo amps. This is the M2's only.

You can't drive them with a single pair of the monos? What are you using? Are you using the PS audio monos on the mid/high driver or the woofer?

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
You can't drive them with a single pair of the monos? What are you using? Are you using the PS audio monos on the mid/high driver or the woofer? Oops. I misread 4 channels for the M2s. I presume a single pair of mono's will drive the 4367s just fine.

Yes, absolutely. I also use an Accuphase A-36 stereo amp (30 wpc) with great results too.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Just took the leap and ordered a pair of the JBL 4367 - roll of the dice really, but I have a premonition this will work out fine.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Congratulations!!! I still absolutely love mine.

Just took the leap and ordered a pair of the JBL 4367 - roll of the dice really, but I have a premonition this will work out fine.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Congratulations!!! I still absolutely love mine.

They still have to pass the hurdle of being withing striking distance of the MM3s which they would be replacing, but given my love of horns and high dynamic / live like speakers I feel pretty good about this.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hmmmm, different speaker but the JBLs, once broken in, are smooth and sweet, ballsy with a big sound stage.

They still have to pass the hurdle of being withing striking distance of the MM3s which they would be replacing, but given my love of horns and high dynamic / live like speakers I feel pretty good about this.

Sanjay

Oct 12, 2019
Hi everyone..are you still using JBL4367.. just wanted to know about its sound more as i am contemplating to buy it..kindly suggest .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing