Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jbl 4367

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! dallasjustice's Avatar
    I may have them in my room soon as well. We will see.

I've been kicking around a controlled directivity horn speaker for several months now. I've considered Earl Geddes and the JBLs. To me, those are among the best. I know Duke does it as well and I'm sure they are great too. I've followed a couple of threads on DIYaudio about waveguides too. I'm not planning on selling my YGs. I am looking for a different speaker design which can play better for really loud and dynamic music. My room is 14'6" wide and I want a speaker which can give me a wide sweet spot but be able to control at least some of the energy reflected from lateral walls. Waveguide speakers could be the answer depending on the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Purite Audio View Post
    Thanks M, the UK is largely an extremely 'traditional' market, I would expect the 4367 to be more popular here, allowing customers to choose amps and ancillaries.
    Personally I am a huge fan of DSP for crossovers.
    I will try and get a pair here ASAP, it will be interesting to compare them with my traditional horns ( Cessaro ) and pro monitors, Grimm and hopefully Kii THREE.
    Keith.
    MUSIC IS GOOD

Reflex ports cause increased group delay the closer in frequency to the tuning frequency. I use an 80hz NT FIR crossover to a pair of jl audio f113. I can also correct for time domain. Phase shifts or group deal won't be a problem in my setup.

Michael I will be interested to heard your thoughts, we have some two way horns here, that use a TAD 2001 mid/hf compression driver and cross to a Surravox bass driver, and some larger four way designs .Traditionally multi channel four or five way has been deemed the way to go ,with if possible front loaded bass horns if you have the space.
    Bass reflex has been frowned on a little as some feel the character of the bass will be different from the horn loaded mids and highs.
    The 4367's appear to cross the horn pro monitor divide so they should be interesting.
    Keith.
    MUSIC IS GOOD

Hallo!

Seems to be a great update to 4365!!

The difference I see is in the dimension, the size seems a bit smaller than the 4365. You gain 1dB in sensitivity, that's cool.

I have great result with one Crown MA5000i running in single wire and fullrange. Plenty off SPL level here
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very cool setup! Are those helmholz bass traps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    Hallo!

Seems to be a great update to 4365!!

The difference I see is in the dimension, the size seems a bit smaller than the 4365. You gain 1dB in sensitivity, that's cool.

I have great result with one Crown MA5000i running in single wire and fullrange. Plenty off SPL level here
    MUSIC IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by dallasjustice View Post
    Very cool setup! Are those helmholz bass traps?
    Thanks, Yes, Varitunes V4 and V6.

Is that a Swedish product? I read one of your threads on AC where you showed how it eliminated an 80hz ringing. That's very impressive!
    MUSIC IS GOOD

I had not heard of those. Can you say more here or another thread? Love to learn .
    Amir
    Madrona Digital
    Founder, Audio Science Review Forum
    Contributing Editor, Widescreen Review Magazine

I've been kicking around a controlled directivity horn speaker for several months now.

Hello Dallasjustice

DIY or are you purchasing a finished speaker?? You can get the M2 waveguides and the drivers. Based on some preliminary measurements the EQ for the M2 waveguide can be done using a passive network with good results. I have PTH1010 waveguides and Array horns in DIY projects and they image very well. CD horns can really sound great!!

Rob
    I could be arguing in my spare time

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello Dallasjustice

DIY or are you purchasing a finished speaker?? You can get the M2 waveguides and the drivers. Based on some preliminary measurements the EQ for the M2 waveguide can be done using a passive network with good results. I have PTH1010 waveguides and Array horns in DIY projects and they image very well. CD horns can really sound great!!

Rob
    Thanks for the words on encouragement. I am interested in getting a pair of 4367. It should be very similar in performance to the m2. It has an updated woofer, the same compression driver and very similar specs. It looks a little smaller and doesn't go quite as low.
    MUSIC IS GOOD

Not available here until December, you must let us know your thoughts!
    I am off for a run!
    KR Keith
    You could have heard them at Hi Fi Show live last weekend:

http://www.hifinews.co.uk/editorial/page.asp?p=1248
    MUSIC IS GOOD

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast