The New NHB-18NS' Have Landed!

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
The first wave of new NHB-18NS preamps have landed in North America and have already departed to their patiently awaiting owners. They are absolutely beautiful looking and the sound, to my ears, is unsurpassed.

Those who have received them have all talked about how much of an improvement there is over the already incredible sounding original version. Much lower noise floor, greater harmonic richness, greater dynamic, etc. You know, "better in every way". :)

It is truly an audio marvel!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Jonathan,

I've only had the new NHB-18NS in my system for a week now but I'm so impressed with the improvements that I'm compelled to let er rip.
The original was & is awesome in it's own right but Herve' has taken the new NHB-18NS to new levels, there is no denying this.

Lower noise floor,,,, SPOOKY how voices, instruments come out of the darkest background, thought I'd throw that in for the season!
Dynamics,,, hang on, they stimulate your sense!
Decay,,, on & on......
Timber,,, well.... you need to hear it, every aspect of this pre is improved.
I know many of these terms have been used over & over to describe much of our gear but the darTZeel NHB-18NS preamp is the best pre I've heard to date!
Sorry guys I had to say it & I don't usually throw that term ( best ) around very often, if at all.

The adjustable phono section really makes it easy to dial in your cartridge. The WOW factor really hit me hard here.
XLR section also much improved. No transformer as I understand.

As you said, better in every way,
I'm a believer!

Gary

Last edited:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
thanks Gary and Jonathan,

i'll be sharing soon about the amazing sounding new dart pre, too busy listening to it for now......

Congrats to you all and to Herve. I think I have a crude cell phone picture of the innards somewhere, if anyone is super interested I can go looking.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Ask and it will be given!

Dart Pre 1.jpg
Dart Pre 2.jpg
Dart Pre 3.jpg
Dart Pre 4.jpg

Attachments

• 20150912_122430v2.jpg
    20150912_122430v2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 524

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Yes it did, but his setup always sounds great, so I would need to have a setup where Mark1 is switched out for Mark 2 to get a better handle on what has improved. In any case, the feedback from owners so far has been fabulous, so Herve deserves hearty congrats.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Ask and it will be given!

Thanks! It looks the boards are really different - at a first glance they seem less populated than the old ones!
We can not find the four big lead batteries anymore - most probably they are using a new type with higher performance.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes it did, but his setup always sounds great, so I would need to have a setup where Mark1 is switched out for Mark 2 to get a better handle on what has improved. In any case, the feedback from owners so far has been fabulous, so Herve deserves hearty congrats.

What was the system they were displaying?

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
How come none of you recipients are posting a picture of the new preamp. We are all anxious to see one. They are usually eye candy as well

Maybe they are listening :) I will get some shots up soon.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
EA MM3 speakers and the NHB-458 monoblocks were fed by this preamp. Digital served up by the LHC-208.
First class stuff all the way.

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
EA MM3 speakers and the NHB-458 monoblocks were fed by this preamp. Digital served up by the LHC-208.
First class stuff all the way.

Looks like you missed the EMT 948 next to the NHB-18NS :)

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
We didnt play it this time. This was my 3rd trip and his other guest was the one being catered mostly. I am a vet by now. LoL

We did TT on my first trip there 3 years ago and he even played that special supertamp album with the yellow translucent "vinyl". Superb.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..msrp?

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
More pictures on new darTZeel NHB-18NS :)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing