raidho plant visit

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Nice pics. Try to rotate them before posting though.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It is possible if he can't do it. I would have to download them, rotate, and reupload. Then edit his post to use the new link.

maslak34

I wanted to post more pics but the system is telling me that I exceeded my quota..how can I get around it please

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
How big were the files that you already uploaded? They should be resized to be much smaller as otherwise you run into that limit. Better solution is to host them on another file sharing site and just post the links here.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It is possible if he can't do it. I would have to download them, rotate, and reupload. Then edit his post to use the new link.

How big were the files that you already uploaded? They should be resized to be much smaller as otherwise you run into that limit. Better solution is to host them on another file sharing site and just post the links here.

Good morning Amir,

Could you please explain why it is not possible @ WBF to attach pictures using the "File Attachment" feature?
Every time it said something like "Exceeded Quota".

I spent hours and hours in trying to figure out but always came empty. ...I just spent another forty minutes right now trying to fix the side pictures, downloading small files, attach a picture to my album, etc., and always ended up nowhere.

Some places they said because some sites want to prevent spammers. I don't understand how that stuff works, ...I only know that only here @ WBF I cannot use the attachment feature, and the images feature is also useless and the youtube one is longer than necessary.

If I know why, then it'll save me the time to keep trying.

And, if there are other avenues on how we can attach a picture from our PCs and Macs, could you please direct us on how...in easy steps that we can all understand...including non-expert computers like I?

Is there something that prevent us here @ WBF to not access some normal features that are easily accessible @ most other audio/video websites (forums)?

This has been one of my top frustration, and I would simply like to know.

Thank you very much, I appreciate everything that you and all the others do for all of us.

P.S. I tried to fix the OP's side pictures but simply couldn't...I just don't know how...I did download them in my PC and they came up straight, in their proper orientation, and then I couldn't re-transfer them here.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
What is the file name extension you are trying to upload Bob? Does it end for example in .jpg or .jpeg?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We have a limit of 1 megabyte. I just upped that to 2 megabytes so should be well. I suspect it is a very high resolution file and hence the reason it is so big. If you can, resize them in the future as we have to pay to store them for all eternity. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It's the very first picture of this thread.

I just tried again...no go.

@ the top ... File Upload Manager ... it says: 74.58 MB of 4.77 MB used

I checked everywhere to delete it all so I can have free space...but to no availlable. Is this related and if yes how can I fix that, or to make space or whatever because I don't have a single clue as this happens only here @ WBF to the best of my recollection.

* I am trying to "staight" up three pictures by the OP so that we can all see them in their proper orientation.

Also, I would love immensely to share some pictures of things and people very close to me in my life and love...like in my picture album for example...but I cannot do any longer now like I used to be.
I deleted a bunch because I thought it might have been the problem, and I wanted to share new ones with a light that is deer to me...meaning pictures with emotional attachment, ...music and all that jazz...music I listen to...the gear I could post too but to me it's not the essence, and besides it's children's (Fisher) stuff compared to Kings and Gods of the hi-end audio world. I'm all good with that...I feel perfectly adequate to be who I am with the music I love, with my surroundings, with life ups and downs...with no contest, no stress, no negative but positive.

Simply put, I would love to be able to download pictures the way I can do everywhere else on the internet and with my family and friends. :b

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I see. I don't know how you managed to go so far past our 5 megabyte limit Bob. :) I just set it to 100 megabytes. Try to see if you can upload.

It will be difficult for us to give this much storage to everyone. Would be good to find a free file sharing site and host your images there and then link to them here. That is what I do (although mine is a paid site).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bingo! That was the issue...now I fully understand...and now it says: 74.58 MB of 95.37 MB Used

WP_20150914_16_28_15_Pro.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how to rotate it; because in my PC picture files that picture came up in its proper orientation, straight as it should be.

* Amir, how can I free all my space so that it says 0.0 MB of 95.37 MB Used ?
I looked for a "Delete" feature of all my pictures, but I just don't know where it is...and I looked real hard and I checked everywhere and I spent considerable time too over the last twelve months and more.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
We have a limit of 1 megabyte. I just upped that to 2 megabytes so should be well. I suspect it is a very high resolution file and hence the reason it is so big.
If you can, resize them in the future as we have to pay to store them for all eternity. :)

I see. I don't know how you managed to go so far past our 5 megabyte limit Bob. :) I just set it to 100 megabytes. Try to see if you can upload.

It will be difficult for us to give this much storage to everyone.
Would be good to find a free file sharing site and host your images there and then link to them here. That is what I do (although mine is a paid site).

1. I guess back few years ago WBF had a larger capacity for members to download pictures...perhaps...I don't know.
2. Now I understand the reason why: It costs money to download pictures.
3. If you can tell me exactly how I can download my pics to another (free) place, and download/link them again here @ WBF so that you guys don't have to pay a cent?
But I need clear instructions, with graphs if possible, because I have none, zero experience with this process.
5. And it's good for everyone.

EDIT: Thank you.

Last edited:

maslak34

WP_20150914_16_52_32_Pro (Medium).jpg

Raidho X2.... very special.. coming soon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing