NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tas-visits-rosso-fiorentino/

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
Yesterday I got to hear the new Rosso Fiorentino Elbas at DSkip's place in North Texas. The Elbas are modestly-priced speakers that just happen to sound wonderful with a few tube watts:

What stood out the most to me was how the speakers got totally out of the way of the recording. It was like we went into one room and there was Union Station in their own airy and huge acoustic space, and then into another room and there was Macklemore in his own multilayered acoustic space that shuddered when the bassline kicked in, all without any hint that it was actually happening in the same room (well except for the fact that we didn't move). I am not used to hearing this from a 4.5 grand pair of speakers.

I'd really like to hear what this company can do in a design where they are free to just cut loose, like in the Florentia.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I'm curious about these speakers.

Anyone else heard them?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Interesting news! And very interesting that he has invoked HP's standard in this case, but not in so many others. Still have some hope for Valin. But none, unfortunately, for his boss Harley.

Now want to see him shout rapturously about this, like Oprah does giving stuff away on her show. And like he has done for some other brands.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing