Bridge of Spies

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Saw this one yesterday afternoon. Very good movie that could have used a more ruthless editor during the first half. Costumes, set design and cinematography first rate. Seems to be fairly historically accurate. Will probably contend for Oscars...

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I saw this movie yesterday as well and thoroughly enjoyed it. Beautifully crafted movie.

It passed my watch test - never checked the time during the movie.

Interesting that Spielberg and the Coen Brothers were involved with this film.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Thanks for posting...I think I'll try and see this tomorrow !

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We saw the film this afternoon and we really enjoyed it. Terrific but just not movie if the year. Tom Hanks was amazing and Spielberg is a master at telling a story. Hank's almost certainly will be nominated but IMO Mark Rylance who plays Colonel Abel should not only be nominated as Best Supporting but so far is my lead candidate to win that category.

Great film and true to the history

To jazdoc I didn't see any editing issues in the first half of the film

Rated PG13 and 143 minutes. I too didn't look at my watch once. Great story

Seems this entire year is nothing more than biopics but so far they've been all good this year.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I thought it was good, but not exceptional. Honestly, was a bit bored for much of the long run time. It may be a generational thing; however, as I didn't grow up in the cold war. The ending was good/typical Spielberg.

I still think Ex Machina is the best film of the year...

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We just returned from seeing this today. I am in agreement with Steve as I didn't find myself looking at my watch. A very good film that moves into my list of Better Pictures this year.

Mark Rylance played the role nicely understated and with a nice touch of humor. He is a good actor. I enjoy is role in Wolf Hallow on PBS as Thomas Cromwell.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing