Introducing myself...the "new guy" at Avalon. Happy to be helpful if I can.

Steve Huntley -Avalon

[Industry Expert]
Oct 15, 2015
Greetings all Avalon Forum followers and participants! I recently joined Avalon as the Director of Business Development for North America. In short I am responsible for sales, support, and development for North America. I'm extremely excited to be contributing to Avalon and hope I can contribute in a useful way on occasion to this forum as it relates to Avalon.

Some of you may know me from my past history as owner/operator of Great Northern Sound Company (a brick and mortar Avalon dealer for 5 of those years), or through my work for other audio companies like Audio Research, Wadia, California Audio Labs, and Resolution Audio. I'm confident that my experience and passion will be an asset to Avalon and they have been extremely supportive of me and the efforts I am undertaking. I'm a very lucky guy to get to spend time learning from Neil Patel and to listen to the incredible sound we get at the Avalon factory...most recently with the Tesseract speakers. Mind blowing. I'm quite familiar with all the Avalon models current and past and hopefully can be a useful resource here in this forum.

I simply ask that the subject matter be kept to Avalon as that is my focus....not "which parts should I use to modify my pre-amp?" or can you repair my "CD Player" :) You guys know what I'm talking about, so please respect this request.

Avalon has made a very conscious decision to put a renewed and strong focus on the domestic market and I feel honored to help lead that effort with the rest of the Avalon team. You will see much more exposure of our products and brands in a variety of places, shows, reviews, new and refocussed dealerships, etc. I will do my best to help provide customer service that is second to none. I am happy to receive emails from Avalon owners or those interested in becoming Avalon owners...you can email directly me through this forum. I do travel quite a bit and of course try to stay caught up while away from the office, but just be a little patient...I absolutely will respond to all emails in the most timely way I can.

Lets keep the discourse positive and interesting!

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Mr. Huntley - Welcome to WBF! Your esteemed reputation from your past audio endeavors precedes you and we're honored to have your participation here. Looking forward to your participation!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello sir and please allow me to offer you a warm welcome to the WBF. Glad to have you aboard. :)

Tom

Trcnet

Jun 21, 2015
Hi Steve!

Welcome to WBF. I look forward to reading your contribution on the forum. The Isis are here and they simply are incredible!!!!!!!!! I will be in touch about the room treatment we discussed. Thanks again for all your help and advice in getting me to this point with my system. I'm certain you'll be an asset to Avalon.

best,
Tom

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Let me add my warm welcome too. It is so wonderful to have a company to have someone who wants to stay in touch with their customers this way.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Welcome aboard Steve! Fantastic to have you here. Now on with the show...

...tell us about the Tesseract please. There is not as much written about it as other SOTA, reference level speakers. In particular, it certainly seems as if Avalon has gone through great lengths above and beyond its other speaker designs...i just dont know what those things really are.

Can you explain the key design elements/innovations of the Tesseract that Avalon are most proud of...and what they do to the sound that it can reproduce?

Thanks for any insights here.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Warmest welcome Steve - you will see I am an active contributor in this forum, I have owned half a dozen Avalon speakers and had the opportunity to host Neil while he visited Mexico some moons back. I am glad to hear the decision to increase the domestic coverage of Avalon speaker options and willing to hear more about it.

samgar

Jun 3, 2013
Midlothian, VA
Welcome:

I am a lover of Avalon speakers and look forward to your contributions to this web-site. Hopefully you will up-date the web-site and keep us all informed about new product.

Sam

Warmest welcome Steve - you will see I am an active contributor in this forum, I have owned half a dozen Avalon speakers and had the opportunity to host Neil while he visited Mexico some moons back. I am glad to hear the decision to increase the domestic coverage of Avalon speaker options and willing to hear more about it.

Steve Huntley -Avalon

[Industry Expert]
Oct 15, 2015
Thanks for all the kind words and the warm welcome, you guys are great. I've read a lot of very informed and helpful comments here on this forum. Great to see a community of people being positive and helpful to each other. My pleasure to contribute here.

A new website is indeed in the works for Avalon. I can't promise when that will be completed (not for some time yet) but others at Avalon are working on it. We agree that it's time for a fresh look with more current content.

In response to LL21's request for insights into Tesseract, rather than posting that here I will post that into a fresh Tesseract thread. Hope it's helpful and informative to those interested in Tesseract specifically, and in general to those interested in Avalon's approach to design and implementation.

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi Steve,
It's great to see the advancement Avalon has made in speaker design,but what can you tell us about the upcoming Sentinal update and the New Saga speaker.
1.Will it incorporate tesseract technology
2.Will it use tesseract drivers
3.Will they be more efficient and amp friendly than the older designs.
4.Will they be passive or active.
5.Will they be priced between the tesseract and the Isis.
6.When will they be available to the public.

Audiophiles love Avalon's designs and sound so a little more info on what real world buyers would want would be helpful.

Regards Robert

Steve Huntley -Avalon

[Industry Expert]
Oct 15, 2015
Hi Steve,
It's great to see the advancement Avalon has made in speaker design,but what can you tell us about the upcoming Sentinal update and the New Saga speaker.
1.Will it incorporate tesseract technology
2.Will it use tesseract drivers
3.Will they be more efficient and amp friendly than the older designs.
4.Will they be passive or active.
5.Will they be priced between the tesseract and the Isis.
6.When will they be available to the public.

Audiophiles love Avalon's designs and sound so a little more info on what real world buyers would want would be helpful.

Regards Robert

Hi Robert, if you don't mind I'll post my response to this shortly in the thread on Sentinel and Saga. Probably most helpful for it to be there.

Steve H.

Dec 9, 2015
I want to let the forum followers know that I have resigned my position at Avalon. Sadly it just wasn't the fit that I hoped it would be. I remain a huge fan of the products. I was looking forward to regular contributions on this forum as a representative of the company.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Ah. It certainly happens. Look forward to hearing your professional future and of course, your posts here Steve :).

rallan

Feb 8, 2014
Just now saw your post and glad to hear about Avalon. I have owned a pair of Ascendents for several years and could not be happier. I had a issue last year with bad driver dampers and after contacting Avalon was sent and new set of updated dampers. I was somewhat anxious thinking about lifting out the drivers, but all went well and they sound gorgeous . Good to hear you have joined the forum.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing