I need some advise: Kiseki Blue Goldpoint vs Koetsu Black

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hello!

I am looking to upgrade from my good (and not that old) Clearaudio Sigms S Gold to either a Kiseki or a Koetsu sound. As much as I like the Clearaudio, I am looking for a cartridge that could bring some additional inner detail and fleshed-out presentation.

I will appreciate your comments based on experience hearing or owning these two options I have. I am buying NEW with an additional premium on the Kiseki NOS Blue (original version)

Thanks in advance!

Fernando

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Fernando, I have heard the Koetsu Black on several occasions and the original Kiseki, albeit that was a long time ago. I think the Black is not going to give you quite as much inner detail as the Kiseki. Depending on your phono stage, I would look into the Transfiguration line as well. I think the Axia may be a better choice. ( Although it does have less output), particularly if you're seeking more inner detail and a more fleshed-out presentation.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks DaveyF - you know a thing or two here so I appreciate your comments!

I have a Chord Symphonic phono preamp that plays very low output MCs and is very versatile, so I will add the Axia to the roaster,
This is not the first time I read that the wooden Koetsus are not that great, I have heard the Rosewood and liked it a lot, as well as the Blue which is great but out of my reach now.
Have you heard the guitar arrangements on the new Gilmour album? :)

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Hi Fernando, thanks for the compliment.
I have not heard the new Gilmour album, I need to put it on my list. Right now, I'm looking at getting the new MFSL Miles Davis KOB 45 rpm. Have you heard this LP, supposed to be amazing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing