New Air Tight Cartridge

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
One should not worry too much about cartridge DC resistance. It's the overall design that counts. Ortofon MC Anna is 6 ohms, for example.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I would very much like to hear this cartridge. One big plus for me is that it has decent output. The fact that is utilizes a MR stylus is also promising.

Last edited:

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Anyone try one of these yet? There is very little information about it on the web.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Anyone try one of these yet? There is very little information about it on the web.

Albert Porter over on Audiogon has one. Also Absolute Sound did a review in the latest issue...

frankmarsi

Feb 17, 2017
So, has anyone dug up any more information on these?
So far, I've read that this cartridge is exuberant like the Lyra Delos, which happens to be my all time favorite which is why I'm looking at the PC7.
Nonetheless, information is extremely scarce at best.
There seems to be only a couple of sellers and they're all all asking the high figure.
Surely there must be an owner out there that give an impression or comment?
P.S. Although I thoroughly enjoy the Delos top end, I have been considering the Decca Super Gold, but, it almost scares me regarding its attributes and use.

frankmarsi

Feb 17, 2017
So, has anyone dug up any more information on these?
So far, I've read that this cartridge is exuberant like the Lyra Delos, which happens to be my all time favorite which is why I'm looking at the PC7.
Nonetheless, information is extremely scarce at best.
There seems to be only a couple of sellers and they're all all asking the high figure.
Surely there must be an owner out there that give an impression or comment?
P.S. Although I thoroughly enjoy the Delos top end, I have been considering the Decca Super Gold, but, it almost scares me regarding its attributes and use.

Has anyone yet purchased this cartridge?
I'm still trying to hear any sort of qualifying reviews. Julie over at TAS still hasn't reviewed it although she said that she would months ago.
This cartridge seems to big such a big mystery, why?
I'm looking for something that sounds close to the Lyra Delos but with more of what the Delos offers.
FM

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Has anyone yet purchased this cartridge?
I'm still trying to hear any sort of qualifying reviews. Julie over at TAS still hasn't reviewed it although she said that she would months ago.
This cartridge seems to big such a big mystery, why?
I'm looking for something that sounds close to the Lyra Delos but with more of what the Delos offers.
FM

Nobody seems to have listened to this yet! The street price is actually very good, however, there is some concern that the SQ is actually sub-par. Not for the price, but against several other top flite cartridges. I would be interested to hear how it compares to the Delos, but I have a suspicious feeling that it would not be quite in that league. Unless one hears the cartridge..very difficult as it appears, all else is simply conjecture. Too bad, as I do like the top line AirTight cartridges that i have heard.

BTW, IMHO relying on Julie Mullins review is not a great idea at all....PM me for my thoughts on this if you like.:D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing