Esoteric K-01X Digital Player

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Well, I bit the bullet and I'm upgrading from the Esoteric K-01 to the K-01X Digital Player. I should receive it in a few weeks. There are several reasons I decided to make this upgrade. The ability to play DSD files up to 5.6 MHz and PCM files up to 384 kHz with 8 times oversampling, an increased D/A processing rate from 32 bit to 35 bit and a redesigned output buffer circuit based on the Grandioso.

I've spoken to a number of people who made this upgrade and all agree there is a substantial improvement over the K-01 with much better imaging and a more refined sound. I have always loved the sonic signature of the K-01, so this upgrade is really a no brainer. Both the K-01 and K-01X provide tremendous linearity, midrange musical density, detail and nuance, treble extension, bass impact and dynamics. I will eventually add the G-01 master clock, which will provide additional improvement in sound quality and realism.

If anyone is interested in purchasing my K-01 (mint condition, less than two years old and very low transport hours), just send me a message and I'll provide details.

Thanks,
Ken

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Well, I bit the bullet and I'm upgrading from the Esoteric K-01 to the K-01X Digital Player. I should receive it in a few weeks. There are several reasons I decided to make this upgrade. The ability to play DSD files up to 5.6 MHz and PCM files up to 384 kHz with 8 times oversampling, an increased D/A processing rate from 32 bit to 35 bit and a redesigned output buffer circuit based on the Grandioso.

I've spoken to a number of people who made this upgrade and all agree there is a substantial improvement over the K-01 with much better imaging and a more refined sound. I have always loved the sonic signature of the K-01, so this upgrade is really a no brainer. Both the K-01 and K-01X provide tremendous linearity, midrange musical density, detail and nuance, treble extension, bass impact and dynamics. I will eventually add the G-01 master clock, which will provide additional improvement in sound quality and realism.

If anyone is interested in purchasing my K-01 (mint condition, less than two years old and very low transport hours), just send me a message and I'll provide details.

Thanks,
Ken

I take it you play a lot of CDs Ken.The K-01X is at the top of my want list.
Stump

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Congrats, I have the K-03 and would love to upgrade to your old player.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing