Amir's Review of UltraAanalogue Recordings’ Sampler No. 1

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello Bob. Thank you for the recommendation on The Chaconnes. Bach is my favorite classical composer right now (I am still learning). Translation? I am $250 poorer and the tape is ordered :). Ed, it is in your hands now.

I really hope people who have tape decks take advantage of this kind music and company behind it.

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Thank you Bob! So nice to hear your voice again!

And Thank you Amir for your enthusiasm ! I'm waiting for an order of SM900 pancakes.... I'm told they will be send next week so I'll get this out asap!

Ed

musicmanbob

Jul 12, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
:)Hello again Amirm,

You are more than welcome sir. When we talk about small group classical music, I'm not sure we can find any better than that produced by Dr. Edward Pong and his outstanding engineer tech, Mr. Tony Ky Ma. Surely these folk plus their very fine musicians work to the very highest standards. They all seem to be of the same mind set. That is, to produce the most extraordinary music possible. Amir, I am sure you will not regret the purchase of the Chaconnes Tape. I am from a jazz background and one of the terms I have used along with other jazz lovers is the word "Soul". The UltraAnalogue recordings seem to possess "soul" If I can use that term to describe the outstanding music coming out of this group of folk. See if you don't experience the sense that you can actually get up and walk among the musicians. That's how realistic these tapes are. I'm going to end by saying "Please enjoy the music" sir. :b

Bob

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
sitting listening to the sampler from Ed now, and I couldn´t agree more with the previous comments
these recordings, apart from being performed by fantastic young world class talents, are hitting a nerve that connects direct to the heart and I tend to forget I´m even listening to reproduced music...they´re playing in my living room
my listening pos equals semi distance in Ed s pool room and thats exactly how it sounds through my huge horns system
keep up the work and waiting excited for your next release
best
Leif

2015-11-07 13.35.03.jpg

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Great to hear i was not imagining the fidelity :). That is a beast of a deck there, making my Otari look like a toy.

BTW, love the shot of WBF screen on the right bottom corner. :D

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
it s a custom Studer A80 NRK(state broadcast) machine with a Grundig monitor speaker and monitor amp...just sold to a friend as
I also have an A80 RC with VU and 2 Lyrec FRIDA
Yes I took the pic while the text was ready to post in the Forum
It a 24" piggybacked with an Intel NUC serving duty as my music server remote control and office machine

btw just sold a fulle Tape Project modified Otari MX5050BII and yes its a toy compared to the A80
even the Studer A810 is a toy......the mechanics and the frame of the A80 is easily heard as more solid sound compared to most other machines
just ask Ed
best
Leif

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
takes the best gear to appreciate the best recordings...simple as that
we´re chasing the full potential here
a friend down the road just bough an NRK A80 as well after hearing it here...I´ll help him hotrod it and Todor will be involved as well
actually we´re increasing in numbers here up in the dark cold :D

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
That's wonderful to hear Leif, you're amazing in your persuit of the best sound... It's people like you who push us to bring you more.... I just put $6k of caps - Mundorfs, Jensen silver-foil in oil, into the mic -pre, record & playback amps for the Studer A80s.... I feel there is even more transparency & depth to the sound. I have 2 recording sessions in early Dec... Hope to have some great sounding performances from them!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
interesting with the caps
tried theese? Urushi Capacitor 0.47uF 1000V by Mr.Teramoto....Ebay looks very promising
bought a pair for coupling caps for my GM70 midbass amp project

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing