B&O Beolab 90

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was walking in the mall with my wife and kids and I saw it in the B&O store from outside. Having everybody in tow I didn't get the chance to actually go inside and listen to them. What did surprise me was that they are actually quite compact and living room friendly as a result. From the pictures and videos I thought they would be larger and more dominating in terms of living space. Interesting.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I believe the new Original d'Atelier (D900) closes the gap here. It might only have an additional 100W of power at 6 ohms but it features among other things a redesigned class D board and optimisations to the class A amplifier section (with a doubling of current capacity). One of the first things one notices is how much more "natural" the sound is. It is effortless at all power levels. An absolute joy.

I can only imagine what it would sound like with a decent turntable feeding it. It ain't bad with the totalddac server either.

Oh - and it expected that a firmware release will come soon increasing the power output to 1kw at 6ohms. :eek:

Guillaume

Guillaume,

Very interesting, my only experience is the D400, but I think I will be able to borrow a Original d'Atelier. What power cables and umbilical are you using with it?

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Guillaume,

Very interesting, my only experience is the D400, but I think I will be able to borrow a Original d'Atelier. What power cables and umbilical are you using with it?

Hi Micro - I use Entreq Atlantis mains cables. As an experiment I am going to try the new TA Opus ones soon. I use a Transparent Ref XL SPDIF between the units, and Gen 5 XL speaker cables feeding a pair of Sasha 2s.

Guillaume

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
What did surprise me was that they are actually quite compact and living room friendly as a result. From the pictures and videos I thought they would be larger and more dominating in terms of living space. Interesting.
That's what my wife said. :)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I believe the new Original d'Atelier (D900) closes the gap here. It might only have an additional 100W of power at 6 ohms but it features among other things a redesigned class D board and optimisations to the class A amplifier section (with a doubling of current capacity). One of the first things one notices is how much more "natural" the sound is. It is effortless at all power levels. An absolute joy.

I can only imagine what it would sound like with a decent turntable feeding it. It ain't bad with the totalddac server either.

Oh - and it expected that a firmware release will come soon increasing the power output to 1kw at 6ohms. :eek:

Guillaume

That is indeed an interesting development, Guillaume. Naturalness was what let down the d premier ultimately. You would never want for grip or silent backgrounds just it never had that musical flow and effortless and addictive sound.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
That is indeed an interesting development, Guillaume. Naturalness was what let down the d premier ultimately. You would never want for grip or silent backgrounds just it never had that musical flow and effortless and addictive sound.

This is of course is what you got from the DPremier many here are of a different opinion.
Now back to the Beo 90 ... Have anyone else heard it? Is it available for audition in the US?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing