Amir RMAF 2015 Picture Thread: Part 2

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

There was a lot of talk about this room. Sorry to say, I thought YG's own room was very much superior to PS Audio and their dealer's implementation of the same. Mind you, it was still a good room but not designed with the same skill that YG's own room was.

You see that YG sign on the right? It was in front of the room conditioner which was running full blast, making that wave like a flag. How is one supposed to hear low level resolution with that fan blowing so fast on the right channel?

Here is the second problem in a broader shot:

Notice complete lack of symmetry. One the left there is a kitchen and on the right. Sure, in our home spaces we are often stuck with but if you are going to do a demo at a show, you want to avoid that. The reason for this was pulling the loudspeakers so far into the room.

Check out this guy:

He is the smartest audiophile around. How can you tell? Look at the guy on the left in beige shirt. He was sitting where this guy was. He walked off to give directions to staff to play his CD. And in just a millisecond, this other dude slid over and took his seat!!! :D I mean he could not have been faster in doing that. I am sure his friend came back wondering what happened. Folks kill for the sweet spot and this is best proof of it. :D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

Like it very much when there is an indication of what is playing as one of my motivations going to shows is to discover new audiophile music:

The demo guy pointed to this saying this is his next server. I thought he was kidding at first and this was an antique radio but upon closer look, it is a PC motherboard in there with a giant heatsink!

This is his current server with a slow fan.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

Maggies:

Had not see that vertical PCB inside of a coil before. Anyone know the reason? I think it had a bunch of diodes on it.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Another retro brand and good old memories from Technics:

And another good demo:

Any sources of high-res for this?

Love these large VU meters. Where are my bell bottom pants?

Which are these wroth buying?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

Here is the booth from our dear forum member, Duke LeJeune:

I have to tell you, there is no nicer speaker designer than Duke. So friendly, humble and yet knowledgeable. He had designed these secondary up firing speakers to provide a larger soundstage and they did exactly that. But in a subtle and not in your face. Anyone who thinks reflections should be "killed" needs to listen to an on/off demo of these secondary speakers.

This is the principal behind them:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Best part of Usher was not there this year. That is, the free, exceptionally well recorded free CD! :D

Is there a race to see how can make the tallest turnta

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing