YAQIN MS-30L EL34B ?? Any Good ?

expresso

Oct 6, 2015
Hi - i am new to Tube amps - i dont have one yet - i like to get started soon with my first and i found this model on amazon - are these brands etc, models any good ? does anyone own one - can further tell me about it etc,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...oliid=I3NYM045FD9XX6&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

i been Solid state my whole life - Emo XP5 for HT use - with Klipsch RF 82 5 channel - i have a QSC GX 5 i been using also back and forth - and i got a Kenwood KA 801 which is pretty hot sounds great - i want to use it on the Forte II i have

so i am used to higher power Solid State amps - when i make the move to a Tube amp - how does it compare more or less ? i would have to get rid of the Kenwood when the tim comes to make room for the Tube Amp - kenwood is great but i do need a remote control for the volume - thats only downside for me on the Kenwood -

I am looking to pair a Tube amp with the Forte II speakers - but i may add a switch box to connect both amps - with 3 pairs of speakers so i can try them out on all my speakers - either amp etc,

how good are these Yaqin amps on amazon ? has anyone had issues or needed repairs done etc, - thats my main concern is after the sale - the service - but being a first time tube amp for me - i want to keep costs low - and these fit the bill in that in area

any input on these - suggestions - recommendations ?

thanks

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Welcome to WBF. Since nobody has answered your question, i'll take a punt.

I do not have experience with this particular brand of amplifier, but i'll say this. The circuits for valve amps are well known, and nearly all amps use some iteration of the same basic circuit. So most of the time, you are not paying for innovation. What you ARE paying for is for the quality of the parts and workmanship (and with some companies, you are also paying for their marketing). Unless someone has opened this amp, it will not be possible to comment on the safety of the amp or quality of the parts. But they would have had to cut corners somewhere to price it like that.

Your Klipsch Forte II speakers are quite sensitive (99dB/W/m) and present a fairly benign impedance load (about 6 Ohm nominal) so ON PAPER they shouldn't be too much of a challenge to drive.

You will not get any after sales service if you buy from Amazon, so why buy new? You may as well look for a secondhand valve amp. It is pre-depreciated, likely has better quality parts, and you get the same after sales service (i.e. zero).

expresso

Oct 6, 2015
Welcome to WBF. Since nobody has answered your question, i'll take a punt.

I do not have experience with this particular brand of amplifier, but i'll say this. The circuits for valve amps are well known, and nearly all amps use some iteration of the same basic circuit. So most of the time, you are not paying for innovation. What you ARE paying for is for the quality of the parts and workmanship (and with some companies, you are also paying for their marketing). Unless someone has opened this amp, it will not be possible to comment on the safety of the amp or quality of the parts. But they would have had to cut corners somewhere to price it like that.

Your Klipsch Forte II speakers are quite sensitive (99dB/W/m) and present a fairly benign impedance load (about 6 Ohm nominal) so ON PAPER they shouldn't be too much of a challenge to drive.

You will not get any after sales service if you buy from Amazon, so why buy new? You may as well look for a secondhand valve amp. It is pre-depreciated, likely has better quality parts, and you get the same after sales service (i.e. zero).

hi thanks - thats a good point - why buy new - but i feel i have a better chance with a new unit as opposed to someone elses - you dont know what they did to it - in terms of how they handle it - or use it - etc, - just my luck to find a used one that goes bad in a month -

my understanding is amazon is good for the 30 days- thats for sure - after that - i am not sure how its handled - and who handles it - repairs it if needed etc, - where would i have to ship it to get repaired - those are the things i like to know from others -

right now i am doing i guess my research to learn more about them etc, - from what i find - i hear alot of good - i need to make room for a tube amp when the time comes - right now i got a kenwood 801 which sounds great also - it was one of those things that happened - it was suppose to be tube amp but got the kenwood now - so will enjoy it first for a time - then move on to a tube -

i am not happy to see the least expensive at $2500 - Primaluna model - yes i am sure they are good etc, - but thats not cheap either -

the only thing i hate is not having a remote on the kenwood - volume control - other than that - its a different powerful sound - with no EQ or processing etc, - just the amp and CD player - forte II -

i will for sure call amazon to get more details when time comes - but i am sure others must have this model or brand at least to give some feedback

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Service, Service, Service

Hello expresso,
Suggestion: Before you become involved in tube components, you might look to see if there are technicians in your area that can service what you might buy.
In what approximate area are you located?

expresso

Oct 6, 2015
Hello expresso,
Suggestion: Before you become involved in tube components, you might look to see if there are technicians in your area that can service what you might buy.
In what approximate area are you located?

thats a good idea - NYC area - i know everything things NYC has it all - but trust me - you be surprised when you need something - cant find or no one does this or that etc, - i really never looked and thats a good idea - someone who can repair Tube amps - i can take time to do some searching online to find - before the time comes -

that was one reason i wanted to get a primaluna - they sell it here in a store - and take care of it after the sale if its needed - thats a huge plus - only downside is the cost - if i can spend $800 compared to $2500 - big deal - i do like the features of the primaluna - Auto Bias - not a big deal but hey nice not to have to worry about it - remote - which the other one has also - after sale service - is always good - and you can actually use different tubes on the primaluna - even if you mix and match - it will auto bias each tube and work fine - now i wont mix and match tubes - but it can handle EL34 - or KT 88 or KT 120 i read even the newer KT150
since its been over built to begin with with future proof in mind - how true that really is - i dont know - plus the cost of a KT 150 is about $90 least expensive i seen

for my first tube amp - i want to try the EL 34 - been told its an excellent match for the Forte - midrange etc, - my other concerns are - the wattage sound etc , - how they compare to Solid state - i am used to power in solid state - now 30 , 40 watts sounds so low to me - i just dont want to be disappointed too much

my idea is to leave the tube amp on the forte and use my other amp XP5 for movies on the RF 82 Klipsch - but i may add a switch box and just add both amps and 3 pairs of speakers on the box - so i can use the tube amp on other speakers also - etc -

another thing - is the voltage here in the states - 110 volts - 120 volts etc, - which would be the correct voltage to get ? i would have it plugged in a power conditioner i use now -

thanks for your input suggestions and ideas -

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing