Which streaming service has the BesT Movie SoundTrack channel?

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
I have been a long time fan of music soundtracks when I was growing up. Music like the theme from Shaft, Star Wars, Jaws, the Good the Bad and the Ugly. Sorcerer & Thief soundtracks by Tangerine Dream, and of course the Bond movies.

Before Directv replaced XM Radio with SonicTap, I thought their soundtrack channel was awesome. Heck they even had a once a week show, with Dave Z interviewing soundtrack composer's and movie director's.

Itunes, soundtrack channels suck because they will play some good things. Like Transformers, the Dark Knight Rises, Lord of the Rings. Then ruin it for me by playing some hack orchestra's version of the above music and they just sound bad, or some show tunes.

So far Slacker Radio, has the best selection I have heard. Any other opinions out their? I was not impressed with what limited selection Spotify would let me try without paying. Have not tried Tidal, yet.

Thanks,
Troy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing