DirecTV and AT&T

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I just had my first Customer Service experience with DirecTV since they were acquired by AT&T.

I have been a DirecTV user since 1995. And while there CS has never been stellar, it has, for the most part been reasonably acceptable and on more than one occasion, really outstanding.

I could be reading into things but based upon my recent experience, the AT&T "corporate culture" of horrible CS has already crept into DirecTV. (I was and AT&T customer for ever with Cell Phones, Business lines and internet)

The purpose of my call was to return a mini Genie that we no longer use. I was put on hold 4 or 5 times [once for about 4 to 5 minutes or longer], she asked me for my address that was on the screen she was looking at and was almost clueless on how to respond to what i thought was a pretty straightforward request. Silly me.

Rant over.

I'm going to go listen to some music!!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Good evening, audioguy. I hope this doesn't turn into a Sprint/Nextel type acquisition. As soon as (within a month or less) Sprint joined the game, Nextel's service went downhill fast and then the signal started mimicking Sprint and ll of a su den the com nic ion got ery chop y.....yet they insisted "the two were separate". Uh-huh. Couldn't get rid of Nextel fast enough at that point. Nextel for my business used to be the bomb up until that point.

With that said, I have been a customer of DirecTV for over 2 decades and a customer of ATT's for about 3 and a half years now. While I wouldn't rate each customer experience over this time a perfect 10, it is rather good and I am a very pleased customer of both. Especially DirecTV. YMMV.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing