What's new with Playback Designs?

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
I bought my MPS-5 in 2010. When it first came out, there was promise that its programmable DAC would see future software updates.

The last update for the MPS-5 was in April, 2014. Nothing since.

In the meantime, I had a listen to a DCS Rossini CD player a couple of nights ago. What I heard completely blew me away. I am wondering whether Jonathon and Andreas will be able to squeeze more life out of my CD player and save me a very expensive upgrade.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I don't know about any further updates, but I was informed at the last AXPONA that Jonathan Tinn is no longer associated with Playback Designs. This appears to be confirmed on their new website.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I don't know about any further updates, but I was informed at the last AXPONA that Jonathan Tinn is no longer associated with Playback Designs. This appears to be confirmed on their new website.

That is indeed true

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
I am wondering whether Jonathon and Andreas will be able to squeeze more life out of my CD player and save me a very expensive upgrade.

Hi Keith,

As it has been stated, I am no longer involved with Andreas. I have sold my half of Playback Designs to him. We had very different thoughts on what direction the
company needed to go.

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Thanks for your responses, everyone.

Jonathan, sad to see you go. I am not sure what Andreas' thoughts re: where the company should go are ... it looks to me as if it's not really going anywhere at the moment. New products? Product updates? The competition has not been sitting still ... as mentioned, DCS has a new range out, and MSB has been continuously improving.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing