VAC's new flagship

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The first VAC 450 Signature to come out of Kevin's factory is now playing in Manila. The owner says out of the box it's fantastic. Pics to follow sometime this week.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As they say, without pics, it never happened. Sorry I couldn't get a clean pic of the bearing/cup interface between amp and power supply. I had ISO cranked as is but would've needed a flash. My flash batteries were empty. Oh well.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Jack,

Do you really feel it's fair of you to have me droolin' for a piece of gear I'll likely never own?:p

John

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You know what they say.......Misery loves company John ;)

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have always remained curious on their Phi line, this one looks promising! Any idea on their M $RP?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jim got amnesia after he signed the check ;) ;) ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Customized VR-11 SEs Bruce.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Arthur,

Those are Critical Mass Systems QXK Diamonds. Also a custom job because those Statements are HEAVY.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In my admittedly limited experience, CMS and SRA are tops. :)

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Hi Sam! How are you? I hope well my friend. Noooooo, I am quite happy with my twin Phi 300.1's....I have toyed with selling them, but even then the flagships would be a stretch for me....I will have to settle for my humble little amps... :)

I'm well, Art:D How goes it with you? I think I read somewhere, perhaps, on WBF that you were at RMAF -- hope it was fun and successful...with your effervescent personality, no doubt it was :cool:

Your system and room acquit themselves brilliantly -- humble, INDEED;)

arthurs

Sep 12, 2010
Denton, TX
I did make it to RMAF but was super busy on the phone with my real job (we were finalizing the sale of the company I work for that same weekend) so my first couple of days I could have just as easily stayed home. I did get to do some listening to a few rooms on Saturday and spent some very quality time with Alex from RAAL, who I was glad to get to know, I think his tweeters are as good as any I've heard and I've been looking to find some way to indcorporate them into my line arrays....so it was a good trip all in all.

P.S. I also got to spend a few minutes with our buddy Albert, who was about as busy as you can be at a show...but it's always good to see him...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing