Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1299

Thread: Science Thread: Review of Audioquest Jitterbug and Uptone Regen USB Conditioners

  1. #71
    [Industry Expert] Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    Actually, from a strictly scientific point of view, Amir's measurements are no more valid than someone's subjective listening impressions
    I'm not getting into that... But dealing with the 'a priori' appears far more scientifical than forming conclusions based upon the 'a posteriori'. The subjective is certainly amenable to rigorous analysis, a direct proof, demanding a given confidence level, but folks seem far more comfortable with experiments showing causality, which is certainly understandable.
    WaveformFidelity.com
    Technology in the Service of Music™

  2. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Purite Audio View Post
    Where are they ?
    Keith
    It would be commercial suicide. A manufacturer who works out how to implement a circuit really well would not show the full measurements proving why their equipment sounds so good. It would then to be too easy to replicate. This is why patents are sometimes a poor idea too.

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Purite Audio View Post
    Where are they ?
    Keith
    On John Swenson's hard drive. We will release when we are ready.

    And where are all the measurements for the brands of products you represent Keith? Did you use those to choose the $5K-$30K products you sell to your clients and make 40% on?

    Alex C.
    --UpTone Audio LLC

  4. #74

    Wink

    deleted
    Last edited by Fitzcaraldo215; 09-29-2015 at 03:28 PM.

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kidneystone-on-Trent
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    And where are all the measurements for the brands of products you represent Keith? Did you use those to choose the $5K-$30K products you sell to your clients and make 40% on?
    A fair and valid point.

  6. #76
    You guys need to read Amir's original post. He clearly stated that his tests were informal, inconclusive, not proof of anything. But they do provide pretty strong evidence, and to say they are no more valid than someone's opinion following subjective and sighted listening, is a bit ridiculous. Amir is well-trained and well-equipped, and that's like saying your doctor's diagnosis, with all of the knowledge and tools available to him, is no more valid than your own self diagnosis based on how you feel. No need to even consult your physician's desk reference. "My stomach hurts, must be an ulcer." Too silly to be taken seriously, and presented as an argument by people offering nothing to counter Amir's findings.

    Same as it ever was. Right here in the "science" forum.

    Tim
    In high-end audio, you can't even fight an opinion with the facts.

  7. #77
    Addicted to Best! rbbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    3,423
    Believe it or not, engineering is not a science. Look it up. And FWIW history is full of careful measurements leading to completely false conclusions, with more of this occurring every day.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelonious Ponk View Post
    You guys need to read Amir's original post. He clearly stated that his tests were informal, inconclusive, not proof of anything. But they do provide pretty strong evidence, and to say they are no more valid than someone's opinion following subjective and sighted listening, is a bit ridiculous. Amir is well-trained and well-equipped, and that's like saying your doctor's diagnosis, with all of the knowledge and tools available to him, is no more valid than your own self diagnosis based on how you feel. No need to even consult your physician's desk reference. "My stomach hurts, must be an ulcer." Too silly to be taken seriously, and presented as an argument by people offering nothing to counter Amir's findings.
    Imagine if Amir had measured a substantial improvement. Then his post would have been paraded about as indisputable proof of the efficacy of these gadgets, no questions asked.

  9. #79
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by mansr View Post
    Imagine if Amir had measured a substantial improvement. Then his post would have been paraded about as indisputable proof of the efficacy of these gadgets, no questions asked.
    But then at least it would correlate with what most of us (probably 95% of Regen owners) hear.
    Adam

    Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202 / D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

  10. #80
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelonious Ponk View Post
    You guys need to read Amir's original post. He clearly stated that his tests were informal, inconclusive, not proof of anything. But they do provide pretty strong evidence, and to say they are no more valid than someone's opinion following subjective and sighted listening, is a bit ridiculous.
    Ok, hairs being split here, I believe. So, according to you we one person's subjective opinion of his informal tests which are unraveling at the seams & you want us to consider this to be "pretty strong evidence" & "more valid than [delete]someone's[/delete] over a thousand opinions following subjective and sighted listening". Just remind me, which did you say was a bit ridiculous?
    Amir is well-trained and well-equipped, and that's like saying your doctor's diagnosis, with all of the knowledge and tools available to him, is no more valid than your own self diagnosis based on how you feel. No need to even consult your physician's desk reference. "My stomach hurts, must be an ulcer." Too silly to be taken seriously, and presented as an argument by people offering nothing to counter Amir's findings.
    Hmmm, glad you're not involved in medicine, Tim

    Same as it ever was. Right here in the "science" forum.

    Tim
    If this sort of argument, lacking in any reasonable evidence & using appeals to authority is common on here then "same as it ever was" then I agree with you.
    Manufacturer digital products www.Ciunas.biz
    "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance – it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin.

Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AQ Jitterbug Measurements
    By dallasjustice in forum Michael Lowe-A Discussion On Holistic Audio
    Replies: 324
    Last Post: 09-28-2015, 05:56 PM
  2. Dog ate my Audioquest Jitterbug
    By amirm in forum General Audio Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-15-2015, 10:20 PM
  3. Science thread: audibility of phase distortion in loudspeakers
    By amirm in forum The Measurement Based Audio Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 03:22 AM
  4. UpTone Audio Regen 'amber'
    By Blue58 in forum Digital Audio Forum: DAC, Transports, Digital Processing
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 07:24 AM
  5. Audioquest Nighthawk Stereo Headphone review
    By dalethorn in forum Headphones/Earphones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2015, 04:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •