Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1299

Thread: Science Thread: Review of Audioquest Jitterbug and Uptone Regen USB Conditioners

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadd View Post
    Alex has already accepted the ABX challenge.That is a huge mistake. I can only hope he has the cojones to drop out.

The ABX Challenge goes like this"

I can hear a difference
    But there is no measurable difference.
    I and many others have heard it
    If you heard it will not mind proving it in a DBT.
    Sure. No Problem.

Sounds to me like he ran away with his tail between his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatmore View Post
    A bit more statistical analysis shows that of 50 odd posts Mr Sherman has clocked up in this thread, about 33 are either personal attacks or extremely disparaging of this thread.

can't wait to see what's next
    Great that you have time to do analysis... I wonder what you boys will be measuring next.

I have much better things to do with my time, and frankly...

after participating in this thread one needs to take three showers to remove the stench...

Quote Originally Posted by BobShermanEsq View Post
    Great that you have time to do analysis... I wonder what you boys will be measuring next.

after participating in this thread one need to take three showers to remove the stench...

All you had to do was stop participating. The snide comment accomplished nothing for you or anyone else.

Tim
    In high-end audio, you can't even fight an opinion with the facts.

Addicted to Best!

after participating in this thread one need to take three showers to remove the stench...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregadd View Post
    Alex has already accepted the ABX challenge.
    No he didn't. This is how it went down:
    ====
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjuku View Post
    Would you sit for a blind test?
    Sure, any day of the week. With a blindfold. My system, my music, my choice of what to play and when to switch.
    =====

No mention of ABX.

That is a huge mistake. I can only hope he has the cojones to drop out.
    That was my advice to him too but not for reasons you mention.

The ABX Challenge goes like this"
    I can hear a difference
    But there is no measurable difference.
    I and many others have heard it
    If you heard it will not mind proving it in a DBT.
    Sure. No Problem.
    So?

AMIRM
    See Post 1015. . I do not need a history lesson. I have followed this entire thread. Forgive me for condensing the back and forth down to a few lines. In my mind this issue could have been dealt with in less than 50 posts.
    Yes, I introduced the term ABX into the thread. ABX is one form of DBT that includes a blind component. No matter what the test it will necessarily involve attempting to select the "treated version from some number of untreated versions. with all the inherent pitfalls.

Good night to a very lovely day on the East Coast.
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friendly to one, and enemy to none.
    Benjamin Franklin

I would gladly throw my Ressonessence Mirus into a 3 way test with USB, USB/REGEN and SD card. Anyone who picks USB or REGEN/USB will either be a liar, or stone cold deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I would gladly throw my Ressonessence Mirus into a 3 way test with USB, USB/REGEN and SD card. Anyone who picks USB or REGEN/USB will either be a liar, or stone cold deaf.
    Why don't you bring or send your DAC to Amir and let him measure each different input and the SD card and see if there are any MEASURED differences.

Why don't you bring or send your DAC to Amir and let him measure each different input and the SD card and see if there are any MEASURED differences.
    Yes measurments too. But throw the REGEN in the mix as well. Then after, the subjective test can follow as well. No snake oil, just good old fashioned tests.

One of the bonus's of professionally built products is, they are actually tested before being sold. So no need to run with tails between legs when measurement tests arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Yes that's what I meant. But throw the REGEN in the mix too. Then after the subjective test can follow as well. No snake oil, just good old fashioned tests.
    But what does the Regen have to do with your assessment of the hierarchy of DAC inputs?

Did the Regen come with your DAC? Is it build into your DAC?

Why subjective tests?

First you need to see if the measurements at the DAC outputs can show any difference, and then how this relates to your claims of what you hear?

How can we trust what you hear... and the claims of what you hear unless they can be VERIFIED with measurements...

Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast