Site keep timing out!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I keep timing out after a refresh.
It's been happening for about 2-3 hours now.

No problem with other sites.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I keep timing out after a refresh.
It's been happening for about 2-3 hours now.

No problem with other sites.

Hi John

I've not had any other complaints from other members. Have you tried rebooting your device

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I just had the stop and retry twice to see New Posts, and read this thread.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
While it might be coincidental, now with my hardwired laptop it appears fine, but with the wireless iPad it was timing out.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We are getting 10 times our normal traffic and hence the slow response. I can't yet identify the source. Steve, would you kindly augment your ticket to indicate this? Our guest count is into thousands and our normal members with much less access. I will keep investigating at my end.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks guys! :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
By "timing out" you mean that it takes longer than usual to log in?

It happens occasionally, and what I've found is that the browser needs to be updated. Then things resume normally. ...That's in my case...but perhaps it could help others.

* So in situations like those here's what I do: Check the status of my browser...and 8-9 times out of 10 my browser needed to be updated...takes only few minutes.
And on rare occasions the site can be temporarily down...for a very short period of time. But it also happens with any other website...some sites almost never, others once or twice a year, and others once or twice a month.

That is my personal experience on my end...and there are so many variables (Apple OS, Microsoft IOS) that we cannot generalize. And each person's computer is different, and each website too.

But yes, try to refresh (update) your browser...it will tell you if it needs to be...if not then the website might have a small issue...temporary.
And here @ WBF I find it very rare to encounter this type of issue. ...After five years.

? "Time Out" in baseball is when the coach is relieving his pitcher to replace him by another one...or other similar situation. :b

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I submitted a ticket and they did find one problems which they corrected. He says the site is loading fine now. Is yours better John

Slightly yes.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Something is not normal for sure. For now, we our service provider has increased system resources and blocked some suspicious sources. Please post here if you see continued problems.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's much better, although still somewhat slow on a refresh. At least it's not timing out any longer.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Pretty much back to normal now! :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It should be normal now for everyone John

For some reason we are experiencing a dramatic upturn in site traffic and they have increased resources to the site

Must be because of my participation here! :p Let's hope many of them sign up and become members. (You can pay me later)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing