Untitled Document

Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaker Oasis...Bionor

Speaker Oasis...Bionor

Greetings, All!

I have been fortunate to visit several audio friend's systems over the last several years. My travels have taken me, near and wide...visiting with Albert in Dallas, Mike in the Pacific Northwest, Syntax in the Bavarian Alps, and a "roomplay" session with wild-man Jim in Atlanta. All of these visitis were with congenial and gracious hosts; therefore, they were very enjoyable listening audio excursions. I may say these were good times lisitening to both familiar and new music presented by wonderful systems along with nice personal vists!

This summer I followed trail blazed by our friend Steve when making my way to visit with David in the Utah desert. Over the years, I have been intriqued with the possibilities of finding and listening to hi-efficientcy transducers with nominal impeadance curves that allow the speaker's chassis to get simply out of the way of an uninteruped flow of energy. At one time, in my own audio journey, I had a reference Shindo system with the WE Hommage Latours...flat, hi-impeadance machines themselves; this was really a fun system. Today I still enjoy my Wilson Alexandrias, they are a different in-kind presentation that I find to be super in their own way.

Ah, back to David; his unique set of Bionors, simply the best of transducers that I have heard, hands down, not even close to any other room that I have been in, next to a real live event.

I am familiar with his upstream electronics, so I could sit; well, sometimes the happy feet took me on trip of their own making and I would find myself gliding around the room. You may ask yourslf, "how did I get here?" Where did the sweet spot go; well, it was everywhere...even fine while laying flat on by back, who knew that there was an ottoman placed in the middle of the room?

Cheers!
    Alan
    Last edited by ALF; 09-26-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  21.0 KB
    Last edited by ALF; 09-26-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1896
Size:  21.4 KB

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF View Post
    Greetings, All!

I have been fortunate to visit several audio friend's systems over the last several years. My travels have taken me, near and wide...visiting with Albert in Dallas, Mike in the Pacific Northwest, Syntax in the Bavarian Alps, and a "roomplay" session with wild-man Jim in Atlanta. All of these visitis were with congenial and gracious hosts; therefore, they were very enjoyable listening audio excursions. I may say these were good times lisitening to both familiar and new music presented by wonderful systems along with nice personal vists!

This summer I followed trail blazed by our friend Steve when making my way to visit with David in the Utah desert. Over the years, I have been intriqued with the possibilities of finding and listening to hi-efficientcy transducers with nominal impeadance curves that allow the speaker's chassis to get simply out of the way of an uninteruped flow of energy. At one time, in my own audio journey, I had a reference Shindo system with the WE Hommage Latours...flat, hi-impeadance machines themselves; this was really a fun system. Today I still enjoy my Wilson Alexandrias, they are a different in-kind presentation that I find to be super in their own way.

Ah, back to David; his unique set of Bionars, simply the best of transducers that I have heard, hands down, not even close to any other room that I have been in next to a real live event.

I am familiar with his upstream electronics, so I could sit; well, sometimes the happy feet took me on trip of their own making and would find myself gliding around the room. You may ask yourslf, "how did I get here?" Where did the sweet spot go; well, it was everywhere...even fine while laying flat on by back, who knew that there was an ottoman placed in the middle of the room?
    Hi Alan

I'm glad you had the same revelation as I did. Simply put David's system has become my new reference. I have never heard sound as good as his anywhere or with any other gear. It is something one can only dream of attaining as those drivers etc are long gone. David was very wise to buy up all the parts he could find. Anyone who wants to hear truly the ultimate in aural experience a visit to Cedar City Utah is indicated to hear Davids system.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    USA Dealer/Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Ditto Steve, simply a wonderful experience with one-of-a-kind transducers, these Bionors. David, he is a genuine, humble and very gracious host! Additionally, his knowledge regarding setup and system synergies is beyond peer...you've got to love his williness to share his experiences.

Cheers!
    Alan

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Alan,

Thanks for reporting. It is a pity that the Siemens Bionors were manufactured in Germany and we do not know of a comparable system in Europe.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, SoundLab A1 Px, Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, TA OPUS MM2 IC's and sp, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Alan,

Thanks for reporting. It is a pity that the Siemens Bionors were manufactured in Germany and we do not know of a comparable system in Europe.
    Hello Microstrip,

Many thanks!

Yes, the Germans, generally they are exporters; I am not sure about finding a nice examples the Seimens Bionors in Europe; however, I suspect that there are some gems available.

David's Bionors escaped, they were found resting and waiting patiently for him in custody of a fine gentleman in Japan; fate was kind enough to allow them to find each other.

Cheers!
    Alan

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Alan

For the record they are Bionor speakers not Bionar

IIRC David is aware of only a few more in existence and I think they were bigger versions called Eurodyn (I think)

I also agree with you about the sweet spot or lack thereof as the imaging is perfect anywhere in the room
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    USA Dealer/Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Alan

IIRC David is aware of only a few more in existence and I think they were bigger versions called Eurodyn (I think)

I also agree with you about the sweet spot or lack thereof as the imaging is perfect anywhere in the room
    Darn, that slippery "a."

Yes, there are few additional Bionors out there, for sure; definitely, and as the youngsters say, "awesome!"

Eurodyns, there are a few versions of that one, even field-coil options. The baffle dimensions for the Eurodyn can be different than the Bionar; however, the actual drivers utilized are larger with the Bionor.

Sweet spots, they are everywhere !

Cheers!
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Alan

Judging on the lack of reaction on my heads up for the Siemens speakers for sale in another section ,I doubt anybody here cares but for the sake of completeness:

Klangfilm was formed in the 1920s by Siemens and AEG in Germany to manufacture cinema equipment. In the early 40s Siemens became the sole owner with the exception of a division stuck in East Germany called Eckmiller. Thus these speakers are Siemens Klangfilm.

There is a complete,lovingly created French(!) forum/site on these German marvels

http://www.klangfilm.org/index.php?l...tle=&dir=&num=

Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast