Soliciting Suggestions From Members For Forum Additions

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well our site has been up and running now for 6 months and we have over 500 members coming from just about every state here in the USA as well as over 20 countries world wide. This forum has grown by implementing suggestions by our fellow members. Our site is not static but dynamic and ever evolving. Our philosophy here has always been that if there is a topic for which members want a dedicated forum to discuss new issues I will build it. So as we enter the second half of our first year consider this a call for ideas , new forums, addition of new professionals in our "consultants's fora".

What sayest you all. Post your suggestions and ideas here and let's consider them.

Steve Williams

We have actually discussed this. Several of our members are lawyers and have suggested different ways in which we could do this.

It is a very good idea and quite possibly might attract new members but so also more spammers in a forum listing things "for sale"

MiTT

Jun 28, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
You could have it fully moderated, such that any post would have to be approved by the mod before it actually posts. Also, you could limit it to members who already have a post history - say 20 to 25 as a minimum.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
We have actually discussed this. Several of our members are lawyers and have suggested different ways in which we could do this.

It is a very good idea and quite possibly might attract new members but so also more spammers in a forum listing things "for sale"

From my experience elsewhere Spammers tend not to post in the Trade/Sale threads. Implementing a minimum post requirement is a good idea nonetheless.

John

Steve Williams

You could have it fully moderated, such that any post would have to be approved by the mod before it actually posts. Also, you could limit it to members who already have a post history - say 20 to 25 as a minimum.

Terrific idea MiTT.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How about "Best Restaurants in Your Home Cities" ?

God knows I pester Steve all the time. I'd gladly list a whole bunch of cool places to dine if you guys ever find yourselves in Manila.

Steve Williams

How about "Best Restaurants in Your Home Cities" ?

God knows I pester Steve all the time. I'd gladly list a whole bunch of cool places to dine if you guys ever find yourselves in Manila.

Also a good idea Jack.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
How about a Forum Deletion?

The What's Best in Blu-ray forum gets no love at all, and I suspect that's because it's somewhat of a redundancy. Here is what I mean and suggest.

Delete this forum and do this:

Close the General Blu-ray discussion thread and migrate the posts to What's Best in Content under Movies and Television.
Move Blu-ray Players into the What's Best in Video forum.

John

Steve Williams

Close the General Blu-ray discussion thread and migrate the posts to What's Best in Content under Movies and Television.
Move Blu-ray Players into the What's Best in Video forum.

John

Also an interesting thought. Anyone else want to comment on Johns suggestions

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Can't argue with John's logic.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I can't argue with it either but there is still a part of me wanting to keep it separate and continue to grow it

I can't argue with that either, nor would I. Perhaps a full migration of all Blu-ray sub-forums to the What's Best in Blu-ray forum might be a good step to kick start it. If so, then add a section for Blu-ray Audio as we will surely see that media grow and prosper.

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Now you lost me. There are only two subfora under the BluRay Forum

Maybe my terminlogy is off, and I do apologize. Here is what I mean, based on you wanting to still give the What's Best in Blu-ray forum a chance.

Move the Blu-ray Discs With Best Audio and Video and the Blu-ray Releases And Movie Reviews from the What's Best In Content to the What's Best in Blu-ray forum. Then add a section to it for Blu-ray Audio discussions.

It could look something like this:

What's Best in Blu-ray

1. General Blu-ray Discussion
2. Blu-ray Video Releases and Reviews
3. Blu-ray Audio Releases and Reviews
4. Blu-ray Players

John

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Seeing as 1080p content has spoiled me forever, coupled with the fact that players, displays and software prices continue to drop, it makes me think that in the near future DVD will fade away. In that light, there is very good reason to keep BD distinct. When DVD goes, its burial or archiving will be much easier for the administrators methinks.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks John

Now I understand. Both ways seem very good ideas. I like your recent suggestion however as this keeps everything BluRay together. Any other thoughts from members

I think I prefer your preference as well Steve, and I'm glad I was able to crystalize it a bit better.

John

Steve Williams

Seeing as 1080p content has spoiled me forever, coupled with the fact that players, displays and software prices continue to drop, it makes me think that in the near future DVD will fade away. In that light, there is very good reason to keep BD distinct. When DVD goes, its burial or archiving will be much easier for the administrators methinks.

Jack

I agree completely re 1080p. I too must be spoiled. Your suggestion was the reason I feel BD deserves it's own forum rather than a subforums of another.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing