Has anyone heard the Devialet D-Premier Integrated Amp/DAC

gray

May 18, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
The 200 is effectively a 250 without the more expensive casework (which confers better heatsinking and so can be set to give a higher power output) and I think that the 200 is the one to go for on grounds of best value for money.

I agree with IanG. Go 200.
All too often we can end up spending more money in our effort to save some.
We go for the cheaper model and then not long after we realise that we should have set the bar a little higher.
It's happened to me many times.

But "a man has to know his limitations" and a 120 could be just the ticket.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi everyone.
I have a Dev800 on demo. When SAM is on every step up to +5db makes a pop sound. Detected without playing music.
Could you check that on your systems? Is that normal? When SAM is off i can up the volume without any back sound.
Thanks.

f1eng

Jul 24, 2014
Oxfordshire
Hi everyone.
I have a Dev800 on demo. When SAM is on every step up to +5db makes a pop sound. Detected without playing music.
Could you check that on your systems? Is that normal? When SAM is off i can up the volume without any back sound.
Thanks.

My speakers don't have a SAM file, and never will, so I have only tried my 800 once with SAM, with KEF LS50s, and the volume control behaved exactly the same whether SAM was on or off, no pops.
Probably something wrong with the configuration files in your 800, at a guess.
Beware of +5dB though, 0dB is 800 watts with full digital modulation, which many pop CDs are cut up to. With pop CDs +5 dB may be clipping and will certainly be L-O-U-D with any speaker.
FWIW I listen to my Tune Audio Animas at -40dB to -25dB, depending on recording and how loud I want to listen, and with my Goldmund Epilogs -30dB to -15dB.
The little KEFs obviously needed more but I have never needed anywhere near full whack.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
My speakers don't have a SAM file, and never will, so I have only tried my 800 once with SAM, with KEF LS50s, and the volume control behaved exactly the same whether SAM was on or off, no pops.
Probably something wrong with the configuration files in your 800, at a guess.
Beware of +5dB though, 0dB is 800 watts with full digital modulation, which many pop CDs are cut up to. With pop CDs +5 dB may be clipping and will certainly be L-O-U-D with any speaker.
FWIW I listen to my Tune Audio Animas at -40dB to -25dB, depending on recording and how loud I want to listen, and with my Goldmund Epilogs -30dB to -15dB.
The little KEFs obviously needed more but I have never needed anywhere near full whack.

800 watts with 109 dB speakers are to be dealt with a light hand on the volume control :)

mirekti

Feb 3, 2015
Dallas, TX
Can anyone tell me what were the release dates of D Premier and new D120,200,250?
There's been a FW upgrade (e.g. 170 to 200) so I wondered if the there will be a HW upgrade anytime soon?

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
Can anyone tell me what were the release dates of D Premier and new D120,200,250?
There's been a FW upgrade (e.g. 170 to 200) so I wondered if the there will be a HW upgrade anytime soon?

The 120,200 and 250 models are fairly new so no there won't be a HW upgrade anytime soon.

Rufus McDufus

Aug 14, 2013
The current models were released around August/September 2013. It's unlikely there's a replacement due within 2015 I'd have thought, particularly as they've been pretty much consumed with Phantom/Dialog/Spark development. Original D-Premier was launched in 2010, not sure when in that year though.

mirekti

Feb 3, 2015
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the answers. One more thing.
Is the life expectancy of these amplifiers the same as a regular A/AB? I suppose there are DAC, ADC any many more chips inside than in a regular amplifier. What I'm afraid of is to have to toss it away in 5 years. I really like what I read about these amps up to know, but a little bit skeptic as well.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Correct!

Guillaume

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing