I did it!!!!!!!! Avalon Isis

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
I'm in NJ Sam. You're a lucky man to have found a partner that's open to your passion for music.

I know, Tom -- Good Karma :)

Say, what instrument(s) do you play?
Is there anything available commercially?

I hope we can meet, in person, sometime. :)

Trcnet

Jun 21, 2015

I know, Tom -- Good Karma :)

Say, what instrument(s) do you play?
Is there anything available commercially?

I hope we can meet, in person, sometime. :)

Hello Sam,

Apologies for the delay. I was fortunate in that I was able to make a living for a long period of time playing the drums. Had a blast and played with some very talented musicians and good people. No commercially available recordings with me on them though. I did get to play with other jazz musicians who have had recording careers both solo as well as sidemen. Great times!!!! Yes, be nice to meet you Sam someday.

best,
Tom

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
No problem at all! :)
Drummer :confused:
I bet you could tell some good jokes ;)

siddh

Oct 2, 2012
Hi Tom,

How is life with the Isis? Any room issue? I am considering moving from Diamonds, but have concerns about my smallish room.

Thanks, Steve

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Hi Tom,

How is life with the Isis? Any room issue? I am considering moving from Diamonds, but have concerns about my smallish room.

Thanks, Steve

I've heard Isis in big and small spaces (3,5x5x2,5m) many times and there were absolutely no problems with the bass. Actually, we were very surprised that such a big speaker works so well in such small rooms...

Trcnet

Jun 21, 2015
Hello Steve,

Surprisingly the Isis is able to disappear better than the ED did in my room. I too thought I would have bass issues, but the bass is actually more defined and obviously extended. I do however have less room to play with the placement with the Isis as they really seem to let me know when they were locked in and found their home. With the Eidolon Diamond I had more options where they would work. Also, I should let you know that the higher efficiency of the Isis makes a noticeably difference for the positive as you could imagine.

As for the sound? Listening to the music with the Isis is such a pleasure and I feel so fortunate to be able to own these speakers !!!!

Hi Tom,

Thanks, Steve

siddh

Oct 2, 2012
Hi Marcus and Tom,

I want to thank you for your responses. My ceiling height is only 7 feet. Width near 13' and about 32' of depth. But, much or the perimeter is lps and cd's, eating into room size and speaker-location flexibility. Did it take awhile to adapt to the overall size?

Thanks, Steve

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing