Sound Liaison: Superb Customer Service!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yesterday someone post that there is a coupon to buy a sampler from Sound Liaison. While I had bought their entire catalog already, I thought I download this one that I had not bought, thinking it might be a duplicate of what I already have. But seeing how it was free with the coupon :), I thought I get the sampler anyway. I got stomped however when I put it in the cart and seemingly could not find a way to check out and not pay the $3 Euros.

Imagine my surprise this morning to wake up to this email:

‘Hello,

The back end of our Musicshop shows that you created an account with the aim to download the iFi sampler. For one or another reason you were not able to download the files. For that reason we offer the option to
download the files directly using this wetransfer link.
Hope you'll enjoy the music.

Kind regards,

Frans de Rond
Sound Liaison’

As I am typing this, a 1.3 Gigabyte file is downloading in the background! Customer service does not get better than this guys. We need to support companies like this. Their catalog is small but with uniform excellent quality across the board. In-house recording allows such control.

Let's send them some more business and keep companies like this thriving. Here is the link: http://www.soundliaison.com/

And oh, I have no relationship whatsoever with them.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I can second this, Sound Liaison's customer service is fantastic. I have contacted them in the past with some questions, and Frans de Rond always responded promptly and was very helpful. As those who have downloaded their music can confirm their recording and mastering quality is also exceptional. We need more companies like this and they deserve our support! :cool:

jfboynton

Sep 21, 2015
Outside Providence
Sound Liason has twice been nothing but helpful to me when I had download issues.
They immediately sent new download links even when one of those times I delayed notifying them for several weeks.
Great service.

Kefas

May 21, 2014
I can confirm that too. The first download I bought from them I accidentally bought and paid twice! 2 days later I had a mail asking if I wanted my money back or a wetransfer with another album of my choice. Great sound and great service:)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Great to hear my experience was not isolated. We really need to spread the good work by these companies so that they grow and offer us more of the music we love to enjoy.

Kefas

May 21, 2014
Yes maybe an idea for a thread; Top costumer service labels:)

Last edited:

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Summer sale

And they are having their summer sale;http://www.soundliaison.com/

SUMMER SALE!

DSD - 50% OFF
PCM/FLAC - 33% OFF

Dear music lovers and audio enthusiasts,

We at Sound Liaison are happy to announce:
that until the 1st of September 2016, all downloads will be sold for €10.- regardless of format.
That means 50% off on all DSD files and
33% off on all PCM and FLAC files.

We wish you all a very happy and sunny summer!

Frans de Rond and Peter Bjornild

APP

Oct 1, 2014
They are having a summer sale at the moment all files same price €10/$11, DSD as well; http://www.soundliaison.com/
Yesterday someone post that there is a coupon to buy a sampler from Sound Liaison. While I had bought their entire catalog already, I thought I download this one that I had not bought, thinking it might be a duplicate of what I already have. But seeing how it was free with the coupon :), I thought I get the sampler anyway. I got stomped however when I put it in the cart and seemingly could not find a way to check out and not pay the $3 Euros.

Imagine my surprise this morning to wake up to this email:

‘Hello,

The back end of our Musicshop shows that you created an account with the aim to download the iFi sampler. For one or another reason you were not able to download the files. For that reason we offer the option to
download the files directly using this wetransfer link.
Hope you'll enjoy the music.

Kind regards,

Frans de Rond
Sound Liaison’

As I am typing this, a 1.3 Gigabyte file is downloading in the background! Customer service does not get better than this guys. We need to support companies like this. Their catalog is small but with uniform excellent quality across the board. In-house recording allows such control.

Let's send them some more business and keep companies like this thriving. Here is the link: http://www.soundliaison.com/

And oh, I have no relationship whatsoever with them.

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
PlayClassics' Mario Martinez is also very quick to answer. Another fine little independent label.

http://www.playclassics.com/

Hi APP,

This is Mario Martinez from PlayClassics.

I just finished registering on this forum and found this. Thanks for the nice feedback!

We have just developed a new calibration that we have applied to all our albums. This has been released on August 1st 2016. If you downloaded any of our albums prior to this date I would love to send you a Gift Code so you can download the upgrade and enjoy the new sound :)

APP

Oct 1, 2014
The label has a free soundscape meditation album download to help us all cope. The women speaking the guided meditation intro has a strong but charming dutch accent. The recording of the gongs and crystal singing bowls is very well done.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
I got this in my mail just now, it does help to explain why the albums he makes are so real. And good to see Frans is getting his due.
Sound Liaison engineer Frans de Rond and podcast maker
Stef Visjager wins PRIX EUROPA 2020

In the liner notes for our DXD sampler 'The Visual Sound', I praised Frans de Rond’s ability to...'create a sound like a three dimensional Van Gogh painting, where you can step in and take a look around.'

I am happy to announce that Frans exquisite craftsmanship has now been acknowledged with the prestigious PRIX EUROPA 2020
for Best European Radio Music Programme of the Year with
'Making an Opera'.
Here are a few quotes from the Jury report:

“Very well narrated and edited, told with enthusiasm and drama.“
“A very special and highly appealing tone.”
“ The music mixed together with what is happening, it's exceptional!“
There is a fine opportunity to listen to how Frans…“is able to create a sound stage that projects an almost visual image of the musicians. A sound stage which is intimate but also has depth and space” as our Winter Stacking Sale is still ongoing.

Kind regards and warm wishes to you all for 2021!
Peter Bjørnild

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing