Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: L1 question

Quote Originally Posted by tunes View Post
    VPN,
    I haven't tried a sonic comparison but have my CH units on HRS nimbus footers.
    Very satisfied with the result. I tried stacking my X1 unit with spikes but one of the four spikes was slightly loose and would rattle so i removed them altogether and run the units that way.
    I have not tried the spikes with spike footer discs that CH now supplies with their gear.
    Chris
    Hello Chris, Thanks. I will see if I can try the HRS Nimbus at some point.
    Digital: Playback Designs MPS-5, CAPS Zuma, 2x Joule III LPS, WS2012R2+AO+Fidelizer+Roon+Tidal Amplification: CH Precision L1+X1, 2x Krell FPB 750mcx Speakers: Modded Dunlavy SC-VI w/ Duelund crossovers Cables: Kubala Elation (speaker), Totaldac USB, Echole Omnia 3ft XLR, Echole Omnia 7ft XLR,Power: Kubala Elation and Absolute Fidelity Power, SRA Scuttle mk.3 Rack, SRA VR 3.0 platforms, Four dedicated lines, PS P10

Hello Gian, Thanks. I am listening to them today without any spikes (alternative C) and prefer the sound compared to alternative A. Next I will try alternative B, which you suggest.

I don't know,
    always need try and every system need different setup

Hi everyone. I have eight CH Precision units: M1, L1, P1, C1, D1, (3) X1s. All pieces sit on HRS SXR racks with S1 shelves. I've tried every CH piece with and without spikes. With spikes, the presentation seems more open and detailed in soundstage placement of instruments and voices. Therefore, every piece is spiked to the HRS shelves they sit on. Now, with that said, the differences I heard with and without spikes were VERY subtle and I'm not sure I could identify spiked vs not spiked in a blind test. Finally, I use the CH Precision supplied disks under every spiked component except M1. I've never tried the spikes without the disks. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by rsorren1 View Post
    Hi everyone. I have eight CH Precision units: M1, L1, P1, C1, D1, (3) X1s. All pieces sit on HRS SXR racks with S1 shelves. I've tried every CH piece with and without spikes. With spikes, the presentation seems more open and detailed in soundstage placement of instruments and voices. Therefore, every piece is spiked to the HRS shelves they sit on. Now, with that said, the differences I heard with and without spikes were VERY subtle and I'm not sure I could identify spiked vs not spiked in a blind test. Finally, I use the CH Precision supplied disks under every spiked component except M1. I've never tried the spikes without the disks. Hope this helps.
    8? Whow! I have only 3 CH Precision units . Can you try to describe the sound signature of an all CH based system? Some seems to think it is somewhat analytical? Are you using them balanced? And one last thing; Have you tried the system with the C1 only used as a preamp/dac compared to the L1?

I am very happy with my CH units/ complete system, just curious about hearing from a person with an all CH based system. Thanks.
    My system:
    Absolare Integrated Signature, CH Precision C1/D1/X1, Aurender N 10, Kaiser Kawero Classic speakers and Echole Orius cables.

Quote Originally Posted by jep123 View Post
    8? Whow! I have only 3 CH Precision units . Can you try to describe the sound signature of an all CH based system? Some seems to think it is somewhat analytical? Are you using them balanced? And one last thing; Have you tried the system with the C1 only used as a preamp/dac compared to the L1?

I am very happy with my CH units/ complete system, just curious about hearing from a person with an all CH based system. Thanks.
    jep123, congratulations on assembling what must be an extraordinary sounding system! I've heard great things about your speakers but have never heard them myself.

I've described the all CH Precision system as the most realistic, accurate, open, beautiful sounding system I've ever had in my listening room. I would not describe it as "analytical" as some have but we all have our listening biases and opinions. The other point I have made repeatedly is that a total CH Precision system somehow performs better than any one individual CH component in my experience. The C1/D1/X1 is one of the best sounding digital front ends I have heard but when it is used together with an L1/A1 or M1, the performance of the total system brings out further refinements in the presentation. Another point, the CH-Link connection between the C1 and D1 is critical in my opinion and the clock cards in each are equally essential to get the total performance capabilities of these components. Note: when using clock cards, you have to set the C1, D1 settings appropriately. I've always used balanced interconnects with the CH system. A close friend of mine who has dual L1s and dual P1s uses top of the line Omnia cables exclusively in his system and is very happy with the results. When I first purchased my CH system, I started with a D1/C1/A1/X1 and used the C1 as my pre-amp. The C1 has a fine sounding pre-amp built-in. Later, I added the L1/X1 to the system and the presentation opened up considerably, there was greater "foundation" in the bass. This was very easy to hear.

Thank you very much . I use the Ch link between the C1 and D1 as well.

Yes, the Kaiser Kawero speakers are indeed special .

JP
    My system:
    Absolare Integrated Signature, CH Precision C1/D1/X1, Aurender N 10, Kaiser Kawero Classic speakers and Echole Orius cables.

I have L1,P1,X1 with 2 board and M1 mono,i will buy second X1 soon

During my big experience in hifi since 1973 where i had the top of Yamamura,Audio Tekne,ANJ,Kondo,SHindo,ecc,ecc and after listening top system of my friend and all exhibition in italy and Munchen and top amp in Italy shop i can tell you that for me and for all my friends with top system,my CH system is absolutely the best.
    Is open fast and dynamic,but sweet and natural,bass is deep and fast,medium is like top triode amp and high are very open and fast but sweet and power and dynamic are infinity.
    After 1 and half year i have i am exciting every time i listen

Thank you Gian, I appreciate your feedback.

JP
    My system:

Member Sponsor Senior Member
    JP
    I use a full CH system and would concur with what both Ralph and Gian have noted. To me, the system is not lean or analytical. It is well-balanced with great transparency and full midtange and deep but not bloated bottom end.
    Best
    Chris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast