DCS Rossini

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Unboxed mine today. Cannot wait to get some listening time in :D

Congratulations ! You might let it play for 24x7 for 2 weeks or so. I bet it sounds a bit rough the first 24 hours in comparison to how it'll sound in a few weeks...

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
Congrats. Let's us know what you think

+1 on running it in a little. I left mine on an playing 24/7 for several weeks

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I heard the other day that the Rossini was so close to the original Vivaldi that DCS felt obliged to bring forward the now released V2.0 upgrade.
Also heard that adding a clock to the Rossini is pretty well a must have upgrade.

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
I heard the other day that the Rossini was so close to the original Vivaldi that DCS felt obliged to bring forward the now released V2.0 upgrade.
Also heard that adding a clock to the Rossini is pretty well a must have upgrade.

Hello Barry! Well, Rossini plus clock : same price as Vivaldi! So, maybe should i improve vinyl? :)

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hello Barry! Well, Rossini plus clock : same price as Vivaldi! So, maybe should i improve vinyl? :)

Yes they don't come cheap!
Found a low hours Dynavectot XV1-t recently for my Townshend Rock V turntable.
A great buy which has lived up to its reputation.
Are you coming to Munich this year?

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
Yes they don't come cheap!
Found a low hours Dynavectot XV1-t recently for my Townshend Rock V turntable.
A great buy which has lived up to its reputation.
Are you coming to Munich this year?
Hello Barry! I will come to Munich this year, but i will not stay at the same hotel, i will join French friends , but maybe we will meet at the High End!

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Hello Barry! I will come to Munich this year, but i will not stay at the same hotel, i will join French friends , but maybe we will meet at the High End!

Try to visit DSD512 May Fest in Munich at BMW Welt on Friday. Public audition time is from 14:00 to 18:00

All digital formats converted realtime by HQ Player to DSD 512, and then passed to the T+A DAC 8 DSD

Speakers are Vivid Giya G1's

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I would be most interested in an comparison between the similarly (In the UK) priced DCS Rossini with the Meitner DAC2, then against the T+A DAC8 DSD with its considerably lower RRP.

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
Is BMW welt inside Highend Exhibition?

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I would be most interested in an comparison between the similarly (In the UK) priced DCS Rossini with the Meitner DAC2, then against the T+A DAC8 DSD with its considerably lower RRP.

For the DAC 8 DSD to compete with the Rossini and the DAC2, HQ Player realtime format conversion and upsampling software needs to be run on a pretty speedy and low RF noise signature workstation class PC.

It's what we elves on the Sound Galleries Music Server team have been up to and are launching at the DSD 512 May Fest in Munich this Friday

SGM1024x576.jpg

It's on our schedule to be visiting London in June

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Unboxed mine today. Cannot wait to get some listening time in :D

View attachment 26647

Jimmy, have you tried the Rossini direct into your Pass amps, bypassing the XP20 and using the Rossini volume control? If so, how did it compare to straight DAC into the XP20? I recently did a comparison of the NADAC's volume control directly into Pass amps versus going through the Pass XS Pre amp. It sounded better going through the Pass preamp.

Also, as an aside, what are those two silver boxes about the Pass amps? Could they be Acoustic Revive RR-77 Schuman resonators?

Nice gear you have there.

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
Jimmy, have you tried the Rossini direct into your Pass amps, bypassing the XP20 and using the Rossini volume control? If so, how did it compare to straight DAC into the XP20? I recently did a comparison of the NADAC's volume control directly into Pass amps versus going through the Pass XS Pre amp. It sounded better going through the Pass preamp.

Also, as an aside, what are those two silver boxes about the Pass amps? Could they be Acoustic Revive RR-77 Schuman resonators?

Nice gear you have there.

Thank you for the complement, been a fun journey to get where it is today. Currently in Boston for work this week, so the Rossini is sitting at home looping a playlist from the N100H. Hoping with it powered up and some time on it now, I'll be able to get some serious listening time in before my next business trip. I'm really interested to see if there is a difference in the Network input vs the USB feed from the N100H.

I do plan to try the Rossini direct, but last time I did this was with my PS Audio DAC and I went straight back to the XP-20 as I found the sound much better with it in the path. I've been thinking about giving an XP-30 a try once I recover from the Rossini purchase as my analog & digital front ends will not be changing any time soon.

The boxes on top of the amps are HRS Damping Plates.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Googling about the DCS Elgar (I have often reported it was one of my great surprises finding how good digital redbook could sound in 2004 at an audioshow, and I still miss the impressive sound of strings of that particular demo) I found Jeff Dorgay reappraisal of this great combo in issue 77 http://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_077.pdf.

BTW, the same issue carries a very enthusiastic review of the current DCS Rossini - does any of our DCS experts know if the Rossini CD player sacrifices any of the features of the Rossini DAC?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
BTW, the same issue carries a very enthusiastic review of the current DCS Rossini - does any of our DCS experts know if the Rossini CD player sacrifices any of the features of the Rossini DAC?
Nope...just adds a redbook spinner...my dealer has the Rossini player and a Vivaldi DAC and Clock on display...both are excellent.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Nope...just adds a redbook spinner...my dealer has the Rossini player and a Vivaldi DAC and Clock on display...both are excellent.

How would you rate the Rossini player with clock versus the Vivaldi without the upsampler?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing