Audeze LCD-XC Headphones

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
My Senn HD650 'phones bit the dust. Was looking for a closed back design for my archival/restoration work. Since I already have the Abyss and just picked up a pair of Magnepan 1.7i speakers, I thought I'd keep the same theme going and picked up a pair of Audeze LCD-XC 'phones. Just took them out of the box and they were really sounding good. Now I just have some music on repeat to burn them in a little for the next couple of days.
One thing I don't like... DAMN they're heavy. If I knew they were that heavy, I probably wouldn't have bought them. If you bend over to pick something off the floor, the 'phones fall off.

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
I've had a few heavy headphones, such as the Grado PS1000e and the Final Audio Pandora VI. The frustrating thing with those isn't the weight per se, weighing down on my head. It's the fact that with any head movements, they feel like there's a large bowl of almost-liquid jello on my head, which rolls back and forth with those head movements. If you've ever filled a conventional ice-cube tray with water, without the insert inside that divides the tray into individual ice cubes, then tried to walk across the room with it, that's the deal.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing