TZAR DST Cartridge, Neumann copy

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
I heard it at CAF this year and I also heard the prototype last year. The final one is much better. I would say that this cartridge is for those who want the sound to take charge. It's not laid back by any means. Definitely in your face compared to the Miyajima cartridges they also played, (and I have).

Anyone heard this new TZAR DST Russian made copy of a Neumann DST cartridge.

Jeff at High Water Sound is listening to one now https://www.facebook.com/highwaters...5034456626142/738488072947442/?type=1&theater

Also Robyatt Audio used one recently at this year Capital Audio Fest.

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
Bumping this thread forward... has anyone had any recent experiences with these cartridges? I’m sure interested in hearing about people’s thoughts.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Bumping this thread forward... has anyone had any recent experiences with these cartridges? I’m sure interested in hearing about people’s thoughts.

i have not heard it personally. but when i purchased my two Miyajima Infinity Mono cartridges in July i did speak to Robin Wyatt who is importing the Tzar DST and he was raving about it. for what it's worth, best he has heard is what he said. i do respect his opinion. it's a data point.

Reactions: Ovenmitt

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Suggest to try the DaVa FC mono cartridge.

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
@Audiophile Bill and @christensenleif@msn.com can either of you tell me more about the DaVa? I seem to remember reading a thread about it on WBF, but couldn’t find it with a search. Is it the same design as the Tzar? Have either of you had experience with both?
Thanks in advance!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
@Audiophile Bill and @christensenleif@msn.com can either of you tell me more about the DaVa? I seem to remember reading a thread about it on WBF, but couldn’t find it with a search. Is it the same design as the Tzar? Have either of you had experience with both?
Thanks in advance!

I know a person who prefers the Neumann DST most likes the DaVa and the lumiere next. He owns all 3

Personally I compared some records of mine on the tzar (on Schroeder LT) vs vdh Stradivarius on Schick arm at Munich in the western electric room and much preferred the vdh. I was chatting with Schroeder then and he preferred the tzar which he helped voice iirc. Robin Wyatt has been a proponent of tzar for long, it replaced zyx as his favorite cartridge

Last edited:
Reactions: Ovenmitt and gian60
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing