Mullard88's Bedroom System

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last Monday, I had the privilege of visiting and listening to Mullard88's newly renovated house, and here are some pics of his very warm and cozy bedroom system.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
What a fantastic layout and execution brother!!! I can only hope it sounds as good as it looks. Two thumbs up! ;)

Tom

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Thank you treitz3. The positioning and choice of components' were the interior designer's. The cable choices were mine. The objective of this system is for background music in the bedroom. I play the system non-stop from the time I return home until I leave home the next day. The music plays through the night while I am sleeping.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thank you treitz3. The positioning and choice of components' were the interior designer's. The cable choices were mine. The objective of this system is for background music in the bedroom. I play the system non-stop from the time I return home until I leave home the next day. The music plays through the night while I am sleeping.
Why?

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Johnny Vinyl,

I sleep better with music playing. When I am about to sleep, I lower the volume level and change to music by Hilary Stag, Banyan Tree spa music, Kenny G or Enya.

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
try some robert rich, 'somnium'. goes for 7 hours while you sleep. think it is on dvd-a format? not sure if the ear will play that format?
ambient sleep music.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
More than a month ago, my rack collapsed when the frame fell off the bottom shelf. I did not realize the design flaw when the rack was delivered. Instead of the frame supporting the shelves, the bottom shelf supported the entire structure with the frame glued to the bottom of the shelf like a suspension bridge. When the glue could no longer carry the weight, the frame tore off from the shelf. Fortunately, none of the equipment on the rack was damaged.

Today my friend Super Mario and my wife suddenly decided put my old Arcici rack into service while I was at work. I was so happy when I returned home to see that I can play music in the bedroom again. But, this time, they connected the Eera Tentation to the 47 Lab Gaincard. They told me that they were not able to listen as Super Mario had to leave before they could plug in the power cords.

I thought I would warm up the system as the Eera had not been used for more than 3 years and the Gaincard and Rogers speakers had not been used for more than a month. But I was pleasantly surprised when upon turn on, it immediately sounded as if it was never turned off. Dynamically, it had the energy that made me feel as if I was on the stage with the performers. The sonics were not thin at all. They had a lot of body with plenty of details. Even though I am lounging on my bed positioned on the right side of the right speaker, I can sense the space where the musicians are performing. Amazing for a cd player starting cold after more than 3 years and an amplifier and speakers that have not been used for more than a month.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's a really special player Sam. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here is a picture of Mullard's latest bedroom setup:

222.jpg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Dimfer,

That chair was customized for me. If I remember correctly, the width was reduced by one inch and the seat depth was reduced by three inches.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing