Rmaf 2015

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
I'm skipping the demo room this year, but I'll be walking the show Saturday/Sunday, helping a friend setup his room, and in town to visit family.

Hope to bump into a few of you.

Amir- I expect you already booked a car, but I visit Denver often and usually just go right to Dollar.com for car rentals. The trick is to select "see all cars" and then select the "City Specials". Those specials aren't included in searches on Orbitz and the like. The rates looked to be $35-65/day. Starting the rental 1 day earlier or later can greatly decrease the rate, but most often they are reasonable. Sign up for their free Dollar Express program for much less hassle.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Not late at all Mark. I followed your instructions and got a $53/day rate! Signing up for Dollar Express was a pain though. Wanted two credit cards and would refuse to accept one of mine. I must have tried 10 times until the page just went away. No email confirmation has come for that or the reservation :(. Hopefully it all went in and I don't have to wait at the airport for the car.

Thanks so much.

P.S. Is it not possible to buy the ticket in advance for RMAF?

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Not late at all Mark. I followed your instructions and got a $53/day rate! Signing up for Dollar Express was a pain though. Wanted two credit cards and would refuse to accept one of mine. I must have tried 10 times until the page just went away. No email confirmation has come for that or the reservation :(. Hopefully it all went in and I don't have to wait at the airport for the car.

Thanks so much.

P.S. Is it not possible to buy the ticket in advance for RMAF?

Ya but you are too late

All Registrations and T-Shirt Sales open on Monday, April 06, 2015 and close on Sunday, September 27, 2015.
On-site Registration and T-Shirt Sales Open Friday, October 02, 2015 at 11:30am.

https://www.audiofest.net/store/register_new.php

Douger33

Jan 19, 2013
Omaha NE
I am starting to drive tomorrow from Omaha to Scottsbluff, NE, then to Denver Fri am. If dinner is Friday is it possible for me to get a phone call or text?
4027061350 :)

Thanks!

Doug

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We will Doug. I think it may too hard to organize things for Friday so how about Saturday everyone? I will pay for the appetizers if you all don't come too hungry. :D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I am not sure who all is coming. The few of us who ran into each other (Bruce, Michael, etc.) are going to the McCormick & Schmick's around 7:00pm on Saturday when the show closes.

If you are going to come, please post here so that we can try to make a reservation.

Pierre

Jun 18, 2012
Denmark
Who and where is covering the RMAF this year with pictures and reports?

Douger33

Jan 19, 2013
Omaha NE
DEV just texted, we are interested and will come. Win said yesterday that he is interested, if you have not talked with him I can nail down his interest, please text me so I can text you back, won't be carrying my pc....

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
dc10 audio/Audio Techne/ZenWave Audio (586) turned out really good, the room is a bit live but the speaker size/room size match worked out very well. The bass on these dc10 Berlin R speakers is some of the best defined I've heard, so much texture and resolution...

Vapor/Lampi/Resolution/Verastarr/ZenWave in 2024 is not to be missed, the Vapor Perfect Storm are possibly the clearest and most resolving speakers I've ever heard. Really awesome...

Pierre, Tyson and Pez at AudioCircle do live coverage. They post photos and impression immediately after leaving a room... :) I'll post my photos and impressions after the show.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
dc10 audio/Audio Techne/ZenWave Audio (586) turned out really good, the room is a bit live but the speaker size/room size match worked out very well. The bass on these dc10 Berlin R speakers is some of the best defined I've heard, so much texture and resolution...

Vapor/Lampi/Resolution/Verastarr/ZenWave in 2024 is not to be missed, the Vapor Perfect Storm are possibly the clearest and most resolving speakers I've ever heard. Really awesome...

Pierre, Tyson and Pez at AudioCircle do live coverage. They post photos and impression immediately after leaving a room... :) I'll post my photos and impressions after the show.

+1,,, I'd also have to add the PS Audio/YG Acoustics room. Very natural/relaxing sound

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Audio Tekne makes superb products. It has been run by the same one man, with a distinct vision. Very similar story and product culture to Kondo and Shindo.

His products are very little known outside Japan.

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Did anyone go listen to the quad 2912 with MSB? The piano was so realistic. I don't usually go for planar speakers. But those quads were great!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
MSB usually shows with YG. According to them, the Quads were the second best speakers they've heard with their gear (best being YG).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing