A must hear.
All are welcome.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
+1

Carl

Industry Expert
Feb 25, 2014
We are breaking in the KO 2 now for the RMAF. I will post my listening impressions and comments shortly. Of course the best advice is to come and hear them for yourself. For those that cannot make it, I will offer some pre show comments.
Stay tuned

Carl

Industry Expert
Feb 25, 2014
My first reaction to the sound of the KO2 was an increased sense of dynamics in images beyond the boundary of the loudspeakers. That is, images to the extreme left and extreme right exhibited life-like dynamics. This quality is normally provided only by much more expensive systems in our Reference Series.
The second quality I noted is an increased sense of low level information in the presence of bombastic high level dynamics. For instance, in one cut of the Yes album, while the band was going full tilt I could still make out a small but life-like voice in the distant background. This is true resolution in my view.

Carl

Industry Expert
Feb 25, 2014
In a nutshell, the KO 2 provides me with a greater emotional connection with the music and this is its most important contribution in my view,
See you at RMAF.

Carl

Industry Expert
Feb 25, 2014
Yes the KO is upgradable to the KO 2.
The cost is $3500.
Thanks

Philtax

Jun 22, 2015
I heard the new KO 2s at the RMAF. They sounded terrific and it's good to see them getting good press. Remarkably dynamic, huge soundstage, and they filled a large room with ease. I happened to be there when Carl played "Fanfare for the Common Man" from the RR Copland disc. I wasn't prepared for the combination of power and delicacy that they produced.

Phil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing