Hot Pressings

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: garylkoh

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Sorry for the 10 month wait. We worked hard on it, and had to work through all the mishaps along the way. Noisy test pressings due to damaged lacquers meant several re-cuts.

Unfortunately, because it is a One Step, we were severely limited in the number of times we wanted to run the master. Each lacquer is mastered and cut direct by Bernie. So, expensive too!! That's why the copy limit per buyer. We want as many people as possible to have a chance at this album.

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
10 months is a long time to wait for a reissue, Mike. Many of my friends here are still awaiting their copies. There's even a 1 copy limit per buyer in some stores.

I assume you've received yours, Phil. I don't have any previous releases to compare to, but this one-step reissue sure sounds good.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I assume you've received yours, Phil. I don't have any previous releases to compare to, but this one-step reissue sure sounds good.
Actually not yet. Waiting. :)

I had it first as CD which I bought upon its release. Then the LP came which I got immediately but was quite disappointed with the sonics. I was thinking then that maybe Sheffield was not good on 2 track transfers to vinyl, just like the Dave Grusin Discovered Again 2 track Treasury release LP. Then when the CISCO came out, I got one too and to me, that was a better pressing than the Sheffield. It was remastered by Doug Sax. So now, I hope to hear feedbacks from my friends here who have the CISCO and pre-ordered the 1-step as well.

Reactions: MikeHorns

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
It's landed in Europe!!

Philippines and Singapore/Malaysia soon.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A good friend surprised me and gifted me a copy. I noticed the run is only for 1,500 copies. Mine is in the 300s. Off the bat , I would say that is sounds smoother, more airy , and more 'analog' than my old CISCO pressing.

Fantastic job, Gary !

Reactions: MikeHorns

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
A good friend surprised me and gifted me a copy. I noticed the run is only for 1,500 copies. Mine is in the 300s. Off the bat , I would say that is sounds smoother, more airy , and more 'analog' than my old CISCO pressing.

Fantastic job, Gary !

Glad you like it! It was run off the same tape as the CISCO pressing, but we had Bernie re-master and cut the lacquer.

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing