Apogee Acoustics via Graz

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What does he use for an external crossover?

david

I don't know if he does. This is just something he tried out this week I think, he can cooment

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Many apologies Justin, point taken. I guess I'll try to hear both, and make a more considered verdict.

In some ways my fault. If you say "between you & me" to someone you can pretty much guarantee... or so it would seem.

Marc also PM'd:)

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Hi Justin

Have you ever tried biamping your Stellas with the Accu in the bass and the AA on the mr-tw-ribbon?
I did exactly that yesterday and was pretty much floored ;)

The mid-range just becomes incredibly transparent/holographic doesn't it? Also did it at a bake off with quite a few people here. Comments were "the walls have disappeared".

What did you use on the bass Christoph?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I don't know if he does. This is just something he tried out this week I think, he can cooment

You need an external crossover to blend and adjust levels when using different amplifiers.

david

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Or two TVCs for experimental purposes (the bake off situation - volume matching by ear). Or two outputs on your preamp and some volume pots on the power amps.

It isn't really very practical unless you're insane enough to go to the trouble of doing it properly and don't mind consuming a lot of power in these days of global warming.

I can demo it Marc if you are interested.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

HE didn't use an external active x-over. Out of curiousity he just bi-amped the Studio Ribbon Array with what he had on hand and that was the aforementioned KR Audio 30 watt SET on the mr\tw-ribbon and the Lamm M1.1 on the bass panel. The difference is NOT subtle :rolleyes:
When my second KR Audio amp finds his way home, I will try the same with two of the same amps ;)

This way I can decide with which amp I want to listen. Lamm M1.1, KR Audio or bi-amped. I just have to pull either speaker cable and insert a bridge in the speaker terminal. Cool feature imho :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing