Tad cr-1

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
My original setup consisted of a Bryston BDA-1 DAC, a BP-26 preamp and a 4Bsst power amp. I recently upgraded my BDA-1 to a TAD D1000 which has a variable output so I disposed of my BP-26 preamp and the improvement was immense. I don’t really need an analogue pre-amp in my setup so the question is, do I need an integrated amplifier such as the Vitus SIA-025 or am i better off by upgrading to a power amplifier such as the SS 102?

Vitus SS-102 is stereo power amp with volume control. You don't need preamp.

yukster

Sep 9, 2015
London, UK
Just to clarify, are you saying that the S-102 is better than the SIA-025?

Last edited:

David

Aug 11, 2012
Vitus SS-102 is stereo power amp with volume control. You don't need preamp.

No , the ss102 is only a power amp
It s the ss101 which is power amp + a volume control (for one source)

Best regards

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Considering I am not really a 'Monkey Coffin' :) kinda guy, these are quite excellent.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I have heard All TAD loudspeakers,
TAD loudspeakers do not sound bright/forward/lifeless/compress/small , these speakers needs these items to shine:
- very very carefull amplifier matching
- good acoustics (damper is better)
- good AC quality (no ac filter , only delicated thick cable from ac panel)

I think TAD C600/M700 is good for CR1

Reactions: matakana

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Do

Do you know, if a Unison Research S6 MKII is a good partner for the TAD ME1 speakers?

Thank you in advance

Leroy
Hi
I never connected S6 to ME1 but one of my friends have Nagra 300B connected to ME1 . Nagra is good for ME1 in small room.
I can not guess about amplifier speaker matching because it is very complex.

what I know TAD electronics are good for TAD speakers. I can imagine high power zero feedback SS amplifiers like Ayre are also ok for TAD.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing