your favorite jazz guitarist

Recordsguy

Sep 6, 2015
there are some great ones, but for me it's always the smooth sounds of[wes Montgomery-wendy-down here on the ground-tequila].

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Joe Pass

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Lots of great jazz guitarists. Kenny Burrell is one of my fave's. But then I hear Grant Green and...:confused: and then I hear Wes and.....on and on.:D

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Lots of great jazz guitarists. Kenny Burrell is one of my fave's. But then I hear Grant Green and...:confused: and then I hear Wes and.....on and on.:D

Totally agree! Grant Green is particularly over looked in some ways...a real genius with a light touch.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Enjoy those above

Jim Hall
Lenny Breau

Come to mind

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
+1 on Grant Green.

John Scofield is another guy that can do no wrong, very solid discography.

I have a thing for musicians who really put their own stamp on their instrument. You can recognize the Scofield guitar sound a mile away (at least I can), same for most of Grant Green's output too.

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Living:
Russell Malone
Pat Martino
Bucky Pizzarelli
Kenny Burrell

Deceased:
Wes Montgomery
Joe Pass
Django Reinhart

Last edited:

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Joe Pass (spinning Virtuoso as I type this)
Grant Green
Kenny Burrell

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
John McLaughlin is one of my favourites along with Al Demolia

Sencha

Nov 11, 2013
U.K.
Have to admit to being a McLaughlin nut. The likes of Larry Coryel, Di Meola, Metheny, Birelli Lagrene, Sylvan Luc, Schofield etc also float my boat on a regular basis. Of course there is no 'best' out there. I was getting completely knocked out at a McLaughlin concert a few years back in Liverpool and a guy three seats up was falling asleep with boredom. Go figure?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing