What speakers have you heard that have most Gorgeous, Lifelike Tonality?

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
My wife and I are going to Kenrick Sound on Tuesday.

Quite the Globetrotting Audiophile Ron :) I look forward to reading of your impressions, btw I understand that Kenrick are fire selling all their stock in order to take on Martin Logan ;)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I saw photos of Rey Audio RM-7. How does that compare to a JBL 4433 or 4350?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I'm just 4 hours away Ron. :D

Dear Jack,

Now that the flight to Tokyo is behind me I can think a little more clearly. My wife thinks visiting you is a great idea. (She is a lot more spontaneous than I am.)

I sent you an email to arrange date and logistics! :)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I get perplexed when I see photos of speakers at Kenrick Sound pushed up against the front wall. How does the system develop a sense of depth?

(Yes, I raised the same point after hearing the Avantgarde Trios. : )

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
My wife and I were thinking of doing Japan this year about 3 weeks ago. What put me off was the fact they were overdue an earthquake, and that the nuke is only 120 miles from Tokyo!

Then the earthquakes happened. I was right! Fortunately in South Japan, but apparently the nuke down there wasn't damaged.

Just mentioned that going to Kenrick would be a bonus, and she said "well, that's not really a reason to sell it to me, is it?". Not as accommodating as your wife then. Mind you, I have walked her around shows here, and in Hong Kong and Munich without massive complaint:)

Enjoy Kenrick. assuming all the other speakers in the room don't join in the party. I think their room looks less than optimal, to say the least. Some nice stuff there, though, no question.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Heard the Voxativ Ampeggio via a Lampizator DAC at a recent show, solo piano piece - will have to say this did nothing for me, a flat, lifeless sound, would offend nobody ...

I heard the Voxativ Ampeggio Due 100k USD flat screen TV like speakers. Didn't like them, but the bass was well integrated and they were crossoverless, and could be put flat against the wall. They had the wrong tone for me though.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I saw photos of Rey Audio RM-7. How does that compare to a JBL 4433 or 4350?

Rey, Kenrick, and westlake are supposed to be in their own class above all else. Haven't heard any of those. These are all customizable speakers though, you can have a Kenrick made in a certain way for you. Having not heard those, restored Apogee FR/Grand for me is choice for me as the answer to the OP.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Is this thread an elaborate joke by Amir?

It's by Caesar (the thread, I mean, not the joke). He usually starts a thread with a question - like is CAT the best amp, etc

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Dear Jack,

Now that the flight to Tokyo is behind me I can think a little more clearly. My wife thinks visiting you is a great idea. (She is a lot more spontaneous than I am.)

I sent you an email to arrange date and logistics! :)

Yeah! Nice speaking over the phone Ron. See you soon :D

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
you still using that 25 watt class A with your YGs? do you still have the carmels or did you get something else?

Yes still the Vitus SIA 025, but now it is driving a pair of YG Kipod Signature passives I bought from the US.
The Carmels were great but I wanted more scale and bass which I get from th Kipods without losing the virtues I admired in the Carmels.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing