New tape from UltraAnalogue Recordings

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
Funny you should mention that. I was going to say that the audio sync to me was not as good in this instance and a bit distracting on the violin. Was this the dubbed version or camcorder sound?

Where is the other version and which one was I listening to? :)
we watched the camcorder version only before the tape version done, since then it only use for demonstration the difference will not play longer than a few seconds
tony ma

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir,

I think the synch is pretty close...... this is the tape version.

Sometimes, there are so many notes & his bow hand & his left hand are moving so fast it's hard to see... his technique is "out of this world" effortless, almost looks like nothing is happening in the left hand....

this synch was done by a professional recording engineer... in fact he told me it took 5+ hours for him to do the whole concert video !
Oh I believe you. The clock in the camcorder and audio recorder will start to drift in a minute or so. I am amazed that he has managed to get the two to fit over such a long clip.

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
He actually loads it into his computer & adjusts the timing for short sections... I found if I ran the CD sound with the video... it was out by quite a bit over 3-4 minutes.... that's why it took him 5+ hrs to do this.

Interestingly Ron is also a violinist, as well as recording engineer so he's definitely in tune with the bow strokes !

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
Oh I believe you. The clock in the camcorder and audio recorder will start to drift in a minute or so. I am amazed that he has managed to get the two to fit over such a long clip.
we watch this video in blue ray disc, the synch is quite good, maybe watch from youtube will be little different, Ed may provide blue ray disc too this time beside tape
tony ma

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
I'm excited to let you know of a new tape to be released soon...

It will feature violinist Tatsuki Narita & pianist Mami Hagiwara

I take it this won't be released on vinyl? If so it is a pity. I've heard more performances of this piece than I can count and this one is very good. And obviously the sound is top notch. I prefer it with piano as well.

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
I take it this won't be released on vinyl? If so it is a pity. I've heard more performances of this piece than I can count and this one is very good. And obviously the sound is top notch. I prefer it with piano as well.

A DSD Download release would be excellent as well.

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Tatsuki has expressed some concerns regarding his performance in the Carmen Fantasy tape, consequently I will not be releasing that tape at this time...

We plan on revisiting Carmen at a later recording session.... I'm very sorry for this...
Edward

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
These things happen. But at least we got to enjoy a taste of their performance. Thank you for bringing it to us Ed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing