New tape from UltraAnalogue Recordings

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I'm excited to let you know of a new tape to be released soon...

It will feature violinist Tatsuki Narita & pianist Mami Hagiwara

Tatsuki was #2 in the Queen Elizabeth Competition in Belgium 3 years ago.... many there felt he should have won...

Mami was the Geneva International Piano competition winner in 2010..

The tape will feature: Kreisler - Preludium & Allegro; Sarasate - Carmen Fantasy & these 2 encores..

Please have a look at this short video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4gIG9z6KGw&feature=youtu.be

The audio in this video is our tape sound sync with the digital video !!

Edward Pong

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
When beautiful people play beautiful music, it is captivating. Very much enjoyed the video and music of Narita-san and Hagiwara-san.

Here is the video inline:

The audio in this video is our tape sound merged with the digital video !!
I was just going to ask how you managed to capture such great sound without close in mics and you answered it! :) Sound great even on my tinny laptop speakers.

How soon will the tape come out and do you know the approximate retail cost on it?

P.S. I updated your title to say you are an industry expert. Thanks for your participation at WBF.

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Many thanks Amir ! Glad you enjoyed it.

Will post the Carmen Fantasy video next week, (my website gal is away...)

tape is pretty much ready to go, waiting for some RMG SM900 pancakes to arrive.... just incase people want this!

cost will be $250 US + shipping

"industry expert"......Wow, sounds good, but just having fun with my passion for audio & classical music...

Thanks for running a great site!

Edward

Last edited:

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
new tubes for this recording

this new pair of Bendix 6900 gold pin have been replaced the other made 6900 in the record amp of A80 RC for this time recording, the quality improved so much ! you will find how different between to our old recording but Bendix is so rare and very expensive ! we lucky found a pair, you never know what happen till you try so we will keep on trying to improve the quality
tony ma

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 193

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'll be ordering Ed's new tape shortly. The Carmen Fantasy is one of my favorites! Larry

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Many thanks Amir ! Glad you enjoyed it.

Will post the Carmen Fantasy video next week, (my website gal is away...)

tape is pretty much ready to go, waiting for some RMG SM900 pancakes to arrive.... just incase people want this!

cost will be $250 US + shipping

"industry expert"......Wow, sounds good, but just having fun with my passion for audio & classical music...

Thanks for running a great site!
It is our pleasure. And that price is very reasonable considering my last SM900 blank tape costs $60. Consider me one of your customers for this tape.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
I´m already in the process of trying out replacing the TAD4001 mid-driver with TAD4003 in either the same JMLC270 horn or the constant directivity horn SEOS 30, both in Nextel finish from Autotech in Poland.
nothing dared, nothing gained is my motto
also getting used to my Takatsuki 300Bs instead of WE300B.....Elrog 300B are also on the shelf...
most important is to have fun
best
Leif

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
how sound quality can effect the whole thing

we do have two version of this video, one sound is direct from the camcorder the other is from our tape , we want to find out how the sound will effect to the interest of watching, now Tatsuki's Carmen Fantasy is on youtube and there are a lot of Carmen Fantasy video on too that you can compare to them to get what I try to say, youtube search tatsuki narita & mami
tony ma

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Funny you should mention that. I was going to say that the audio sync to me was not as good in this instance and a bit distracting on the violin. Was this the dubbed version or camcorder sound?

Where is the other version and which one was I listening to? :)

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Amir,

I think the synch is pretty close...... this is the tape version.

Sometimes, there are so many notes & his bow hand & his left hand are moving so fast it's hard to see... his technique is "out of this world" effortless, almost looks like nothing is happening in the left hand....

this synch was done by a professional recording engineer... in fact he told me it took 5+ hours for him to do the whole concert video !

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing